|Title:Youth Livelihoods Assistant – Entry level.1 Position||Location:Hargeisawith frequent travel within Somaliland||Duration:10 Months (Renewable)|
Growth, Enterprise, Employment & Livelihoods (GEEL) is 6-year USAID-funded project designed to promote and facilitate inclusive economic growth in South Central Somalia, Puntland and Somaliland. The project is currently focusing on the agricultural sector (livestock, fisheries & horticulture) but is anticipated to expand in the future into other sectors of the economy. It will also seek to strengthen the business enabling environment through improving access to finance, policy and regulation, and business development services. GEEL has been awarded Somali Youth Integrated Livelihoods.The goal is to sustainably improve the livelihoods of Somali youth by increasing their participation in the economy, as entrepreneurs, employers and employees resulting in increased self-reliance.Particular focus will be given to increase the participation of women and youth in the economy as entrepreneurs, employers, and employees.
The Youth Livelihood Assistant will support the implementation of workforce and entrepreneurship activities, private sector capacity building and outreach, and networking activities in Hargeisa. S/he will assist the Youth Livelihood Deputy Team Leader in achieving the objectives of TO4 through project management support, youth capacity building through training and skill development. and facilitate engagements with private sector, civic and government bodies.
Youth Livelihoods AssistantGeneral Responsibilities:
TheYouth Livelihoods Assistant duties include (but are not limited to):
- Work closely with the Workforce Capacity Building Specialist to identify key youth groups and individuals to be included in the existing GEEL value chain activities as entrepreneurs, employers, and employees.
- Support the identification of youth for training and training venues
- Supportthe development Training of Trainers (TOT)programming for the service providers before assisting in the rollout training programme(s) for youth.
- Support the development of Youth Soft Skills and Market-Oriented Training curriculum modules.
- Support private sector engagement for youth employment.
- Identify organizations that build youth capacity to partner with the private sector.
- Support access to financial services for youth in Somaliland.
- Strengthen and expand youth workforce support services.
- Coordinate youth civic awareness and engagement initiatives
- Work in close collaboration with national and local-level private and government counterparts focusing on labor systems or workforce development.
- Any other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
The Youth Livelihoods Assistant will report to the Deputy Youth Livelihoods Team Leader.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Youth Programming, Economics, statistics, international development, or a related field (or, alternately, equivalent academic accomplishment in a relevant field and 1-3 additional years of relevant experience);
- Minimum1-3 yearsworking in youth workforce development, technical and vocational education training (TVET), employment and entrepreneurship development, economic development, capacity building of local institutions, public-private partnerships, or other relevant experience.
- Experience in youth programming and working with the donor-funded international development project in Somaliland and the East African Regions.
- Experience in developing curricular and training modules, training facilitation particularly for youth groups.
- Demonstrated understanding of monitoring and evaluation concepts and applications
- Excellent oral and written English language communication skills.
- Oral and written Somali language communication skills (preferred)
- Experience working in/on fragile or post-conflict states (preferred)
- Experience working with local organizations and community groups.
How to apply:
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements can submit updated CV and cover letter to Jobs@sogeel.org with subject line: Application forYouth Livelihoods Assistant – Hargeisa Somaliland.
Deadline:bySunday 2, February 2020.