WAMO RELIEF REHABILITATION SERVICES
Job Advertisement – WASH & Shelter Officer
Location: Bardale, Bay Region
Reporting to: Program Coordinator
The collapse of the Somalia government in 1991 dragged Somalia into a miserable state characterized by chronic insecurity, massive displacement and lack of adequate access to basic human needs such as food, water and shelter. Amid this horrific state young Somali nationals established Wamo Relief and Rehabilitation Services WRRS in the year 2002 with the aim of contributing to the relief of human suffering in the country.
WRRS is a non Profit, non- partisan organization based in Somalia. The organization is legally registered and operating in the south central Somalia and Punt land.
We aim to strengthen the capacity of the local communities in Somalia and Kenya so that they may share and contribute to the educational, economic, and social well-being of their life through provision of relief supplies, emergency livelihoods and social support and capacity building interventions which are integrated in participatory community-based peace building and human rights-based approaches towards sustainable peace, reconstruction and development of Somalia.
WRRS, seeks the services of a competentWASH & Shelter Officer
- Ensure the maintenance of positive partnerships with relevant local government counterparts and local partners in the management of WASH related interventions
- Under the direct supervision of the Programme Coordinator, support the effective and timely implementation of all interventions related to WASH and Shelter in the WRRS project.
- Support beneficiary institutions in development of operation and maintenance plan for WASH infrastructure.
- Ensure all contractual works conform to design, and are tested before issuing of completion certificates.
- Develop work schedules in a language understood by contractors.
- Track and prepare monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual progress reports of activities relates to WASH and Shelter
- Maintain good relationships in line of communication with relevant local authorities and communities throughout the project.
- Carry out community mobilization of all projects activities and ensure communities acceptances of the project inputs and enough collaboration granted in field level
- Regularly monitor the project progress at all its phases (project selection, designing, planning and implementation).
- Ensure that the marginalized vulnerable communities including women participate in each of the project cycle related to Wash and shelter.
- Ensure improved access to emergency shelter materials.
- Prepare regular reports for the wash and infrastructure related activities and document lessons learned.
- Facilitate trainings on wash and shelter using participatory approach with high practical involvement
- Perform any other related duties at the request of the line manager.
- University degree/Higher diploma in civil engineering or public health or any other related field from a recognized university
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective and working relations with Wash cluster and other stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of wash and shelter activities and related issues.
- Experience working in remote areas.
- Strong managerial and team leadership skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and in adverse conditions.
- Ability to use Computer packages such as Ms Word, Ms excel and engineering software
- English language skills required(fluent),
- Somali language skills
- Strong collaborator with effective inter-personal and analyticskills
- Training and guidanceskills
- Able to work effectively under pressure and handle workload
All applications consisting of all the relevant supporting documents should be sent to email@example.com not later than 20th May 2020. Application received after this date will not be considered.