|Job Title:||WASH PROGRAM OFFICER|
|Position Type||Full time|
|NCA Line Manager||Area Coordinator Puntland|
|Technical Reporting to||WASH program Adviser|
|Duration||11 months, renewable upon availability of funding.|
|Travel||The position will require travels within the region|
|Job Location||Garowe, Puntland, Somalia|
|Starting date||As soon as possible|
Position: NCA is seeking a highly qualified and motivated person to fill the above-mentioned position.
- Purpose of Position:
The purpose of the position is to provide overall co-ordination of the NCA WASH Projects, strengthen the technical capacity of NCA field staff and the development of NCA and partners’ WASH capacity.
- About Norwegian Church Aid (NCA)
NCA is a diaconal organization established in Norway to work with people around the world to eradicate poverty and injustice. Our vision is Together for a Just World. The overarching goal for NCA in Somalia is to support development that promotes human dignity for the poor and for vulnerable groups through programmes that create greater participation, equality and protection. NCA provides humanitarian assistance and works for long-term development. To address the root causes of poverty, we advocate for just decisions. Our support is provided unconditionally, with no intention of influencing anyone’s religious or political affiliation NCA’s operations will be guided by a new global strategy for the period 2020-2024.
NCA Somalia 2020-2024 strategy will contribute to supporting people in need during emergencies and recovery, advocate for their rights and to build their resilience through the following programmes: Climate Resilience WASH, Gender Based Violence, Peacebuilding, Climate Smart Economic Empowerment and Education for Peace and Sustainable Development. NCA will also support strengthening of civil society and advocacy efforts. In addition, NCA responds to emergency humanitarian needs the target geographical areas in Somalia are Gedo region- Jubbaland State, Lower Shabelle-Southwest State, Banadir Region- Mogadishu, and Puntland State. NCA implements projects directly and through partners.
- Main responsibilities of the job holder
- Under the leadership of Puntland Regional Manager and in collaboration with WASH regional staff, ensure effective planning of WASH Programme and oversee succesful implementations of projects, baseline data collection, monitoring and reporting of WASH Programme result and targets.
- Contribute to the design of new project proposals based on WASH needs and gaps and lead WASH aspects of technical assessments in coordination with other thematic areas With the WASH cluster and interagency cluster forums
- Ensure provision of technical quality programme assurance in all aspects of design including the the development of accurate Bill of Quantities ( BoQs), planning, and implementation of WASH and infrastructure interventions with the support of NCA WASH Engineer.
- Promote accountability, communicate expectations and provide constructive feedback/solutions contribute to challenges identified by the community and contractors
- Work with PMER team to develop needs assessment tools and strategies, and train and supervise staff through field surveys and assessments for WASH sector
- Facilitate and maintain a good professional relationship between NCA, communities and contractors while observing work ethic including the organizational Code of Conduct and accountability framework
- MAIN TASKS
List of the primary tasks that are required to achieve the objectives and areas of responsibility defined above:
- Ensure that work plans and reports are produced, submitted, followed up or revised and submitted as required (quarterly, bi-annually and annually), both by field staff and partners.
- Complete budget pipeline planning, monitoring and monthly follow up in coordination under the leadership of Puntland Regional Manager
- Supervise and be responsible for all the technical aspect for project implementation, make sure that contractors complete project work in a timely, efficient and accurate manner with respect to standard engineering
- Guarantee the respect of construction standards as well as the security practices at the project site.
- Provide feedback to the monitoring and evaluation system in order to assess the effectiveness and the impact of the projects and propose recommendations for improvement
- Work with PMER Unit to measure outcome indicators and outputs to determine the success of interventions.
- Prepare bi-weekly, quarterly and interim donor reports for relevant activities under the guidance of the Regional Manager and WASH Advisor
- Suppervise and mentor Puntland WASH Programm team members and provide informations, tools and resources to improve performance & reach objectives and goals of the sector
- Minimum qualifications of the job holder
- BA/BS degree in public health management or a related discipline.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience in project implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting with NGO collaboration in a local context.
- Experience in implementing WASH projects is essential.
- Excellent report writing, analytical and communications skills, including oral presentation skills.
- Full professional competency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Excellent spoken and written English and Somali
- Ability to work well under pressure and with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal and community mobilization skills.
- Highly motivated and flexible
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Working experience in Puntland, Somalia is desirable
- Submission of applications
Potential applicants, who meet the requirements and qualifications outlined above, should submit an application letter indicating current and expected remuneration, a detailed C.V. and copies of their academic certificates and any other supporting documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
N.B: Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Deadline for submission of applications: By 24 May 2020
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview and or written test.