WASH OFFICER (1Position)
|Organization||GREDO- Gargaar Relief and Development Organization|
|Position Title||WASH OFFICER|
|Reporting||Program Director or his designee|
|Duration||3 month Contract with possibility of extension|
|Commitment to Diversity||GREDO is an equal opportunities employer.|
GREDO is an indigenous local NGO. Non-profit non-partial, non- political and voluntary organization based in Baidoa. To reach the most affected grass-root communities in Bay and Bakool regions effectively and efficiently, the necessity of local partnership in relief program appeared. Responding to the partnership need, a group of Somali intellectuals and well-wishers initiated in December 1992 a local non-governmental organization called Gargaar Relief and Development Organization GREDO). The organization has implemented during these period different projects including relief and emergency programs and later improved into rehabilitation and developmental programs.
Gargaar Relief and Development Organization“GREDO” is currently looking to recruit WASH Officer position for COVID-19 response. The aim of this position is tocontribute to GREDO’s capacity to meet its COVID19 response and Prevention and Mitigation of Coronavirus Impact in south west state of Somalia, The proposed interference includes communication and awareness with target communities on preventing COVID-19,through the provision of quality water and sanitation programmes in emergencies. The role will specifically address emergency water and sanitation, temporary construction or rehabilitation needs through assessment, programme design, management, capacity building and evaluation. The role exists to: assist in implementing direct emergency hygiene promotion and sanitation programmes; build capacities of hygiene promotion assistants, volunteers; and support hygiene promotion activities for GREDO’s core programme sectors of health, Nutrition, Education, protection and Resilience. .
Qualifications and Experience
- A University degree in public health, social science and Community development.
- Minimum 3 years of Experience in implementing and coordinating hygiene promotion activities, including programme design, implementation and evaluation.
- Ability to write clear, well-argued assessment and project reports, and assist in preparing successful funding proposals for donors relevant to hygiene promotion.
- Monitoring and evaluation skills including knowledge on KAP surveys
- Experience of and commitment to working through systems of community participation
- Excellent communication skills
- Capacity to supervise, train and coach national staff.
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of GREDO in particular, a good understanding of the GREDO mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
- Commitment toGREDO Child Protection Policy
- Computer literate
- A moderate level of written and spoken English and good communication skills in Somali
The responsibilities of the post will require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people
|Integrity: Honest, encourages openness, transparency and sincere.Working Condition|
The candidate will be based in Baidoa, but frequent travels to meet beneficiaries and field visits is required.
NB:All applicants should drop a letter of application and updated CV (including 3 referees) to email@example.com and indicate the position applied for in the subject. The deadline for application deadline is 13/05/2020
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
GREDO is an equal opportunities employer