Human Development Concern (HDC) was established in 2005 as a local humanitarian organization dedicated to providing interventions through humanitarian and development initiatives in Somalia.
HDC is going to support integrated health and WASH activities in Buurdhubo District Gedo region, the project will focus and give more attention to static facilities around IDPs settlements and Mobile sites and also support the WASH facilities in the district. The health services will include routine and campaign immunization to under 5 children and Women of childbearing age (WCBA); Provision of antenatal and post-natal care to pregnant and lactating mothers; safe delivery services for the pregnant mothers; Treatment and control of communicable diseases targeting community members, Provision of basic lifesaving medical services to sick patients including AWD/Cholera patients; Identify and refer patients with severe medical cases that requires admission at secondary health facilities after providing first aid services; Promote the adoption of good hygiene and sanitation practices to the affected communities; Identify and assist in the training of community volunteers on health promotion and education; Organize community sensitization and mobilization sessions at facility and outreach level of the affected areas; Support distribution of hygiene kits, provision of adapted sanitation infrastructures and related hygiene promotion; Install twin latrines and handwashing facilities for all the latrines to improve on sanitation facilities and conduct hygiene promotion campaigns focusing on handwashing.
VACANT POSITION: WASH Assistant (1 Position)
Contract duration: Six Months
Duty Location: Buurdhubo, Gedo, Somalia
Starting Date: May 2020
Duties and responsibilities
- Plan and organise WASH activities within the Buurdhubo Health and WASH project (i.e. Primary health centre and outreach);
- Ensure monitoring of WASH activities according to the stipulated timelines;
- Submit WASH activities and progress reports on the specific activities;
- Responsible to ensure communities are aware of the activities, coordinate with local partners, community members, local administration and other structures for accountability;
- Ensure technical requirement in WASH structures are adhered to ensure project outcomes are met;
- Coordinate with project team to ensure community awareness and WASH hygiene sanitation promotion;
- Supervise the rehabilitations, constructions of new boreholes, construction of Latrines within the marked locations in the community;
- Ensure adherence to proper hygiene and sanitation , handling of any WASH related disease outbreaks;
- Supervise any WASH civil works to ensure all contractual works conform to design, and are tested and certified upon completions and handover to community members;
- Any other task may be assigned pertains the activities scheduled in the workplan;
· Bachelors in Public Health or Civil Engineering with experience in WASH
· Any other trainings
At least two years’ experience in WASH sector
How to apply
Qualified persons with the required skills are invited to submit their applications (most updated CV and cover letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org, by or before 8 May 2020 with the subject line clearly indicating the position you are applying for. Please attach documents while sending your applications.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted