For Somali Nationals Only
WASH and Infrastructure Officer-I
Purpose of the position:
- To provide supervision and technical assistance to project staff for the assessment, design, monitoring and implementation of WASH projects and all infrastructure related projects across sectors within areas of operation in Puntland.
- To prepare and submit monthly, quarterly and annual project progress reports.
- Prepare detailed engineering design and tender documents for WASH and infrastructure projects such as water supply pipeline, storage, treatment and distribution system for water supply projects, latrines/sanitation infrastructures, schools, health facilities, rain water harvesting structures, dams, etc.
- Develop design plans, working drawings, technical specifications, and bill of quantities as per approved standards by respective clusters or any other institution as required for all construction works outlined on the project design for the said projects using AutoCAD or similar drafting computer software.
- Project implementation
- Project Monitoring
- Information documentation and reporting
- Demonstrates well-developed interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as negotiation skills
- Must adhere to set security standards
- Ensure a gender perspective in the scope of work
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Educational level required: Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering, Water Engineering, Building Construction and or related field.
- Technical Training qualifications required: Skills in auto cad, water Cad and/or EPANET.
- Experience: 3 years’ experience in project implementation preferably in water and sanitation or infrastructure.
- Proficiency in using computer software e. g MS office and internet.
- Fluency in Somali language and English is required
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Field –based
- Travel: 100% Domestic travel is required
Interested and qualified candidates should log on to;
All applications should be received by 2nd February, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kindly note: All academic certificates will be verified with the issuing academic institution.