SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organization to which all SOS Children’s Villages including SOS Children’s Villages Somalia Association is affiliated. SOS Children’s Villages Somalia has officially been working in Somalia since 1985. SOS is currently working in 135 countries worldwide. We are committed to the welfare of children – often throughout the whole of their childhood, and to strengthening families and communities as a preventive measure in the fight against abandonment and social neglect. We also run education and health facilities. With the SOS Children’s Village concept, the organization pioneered a family approach to the long-term care of orphaned and abandoned children. SOS Children’s Villages upholds child protection policy and our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children and youth from abuse. SOS Currently working in Banadir and Bay Regions, we expending our services to Bakool Region
SOS Children’s Villages invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criterion for the below Position of Pharmacy Assistant
Job Title: Warehouse Assistant
The employee will be responsible for supporting shipping and receiving, deliveries, coordinating stock, documenting warehouse/ store transactions, maintaining records and overseeing storage of surplus inventory and property. In addition the Warehouse/ Store Assistant ensures the cleanliness of the storage area, handles requisitions from various facilities and keeps an organized storage system.
He will be accountable in answering questions regarding procedures and resolves discrepancies in regards to receipts and deliveries.
Report to: Logistic Officer
Key Area of responsibility:
- Receives and inspects all incoming goods and reconciles with purchase orders; processes and distributes documentation with purchase orders.
- Documents and tracks damages and discrepancies on orders received
- Taking care of the goods in the SOS main store
- Maintain the supplies of all medical requests for the hospital including maternity, MCH, Paediatric Lab, Main Pharmacy etc.
- Ensures that stocks are coordinated
- Oversee storage of surplus inventory and property
- Sort out the various goods in the store and arranges them systematically
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves and workstations neat; maintain clean shipping supply area; comply with procedures, rules and regulations
- Maintains the warehouse, records area and stores area in a neat and orderly manner
- Assist in labelling and packaging when necessary
- Fills in supply requisitions
- Assist in removing supplies for transport to the various facilities according to requisitions made
- Prepare medical goods requested from SOS Clinics or Hospital
- Assist in Logistics- Shipment order processing when necessary
- Ensure that equipment and instruments in the work are maintained and operating normally
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor / Diploma in Business Adminstration, Logistics and Supply Chain orany other related field
- Certification as a warehouse Clerk, particularly for big companies or organizations.
- At least 2 years work experience in Warehouse management
- experience with administrative and clerical procedures and systems
- familiar with relevant computer applications
- Familiarity with inventory software, and able to upload data into the Organization’s system Pays attention to detail and monitors the quality of inventory
Child Safeguarding Policy: SOS Children’s Villages organization is committed to safeguarding the rights of the children and therefore, is expected that every individual who joins with SOS Children’s Villages Somalia understand his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping children always safe
Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV and scanned copies of your academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees to: this email firstname.lastname@example.org Indicating with subject line of the position.
Closing date is 23rd January, 2020
Competent Female candidates are encourage to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.