|Date of issue||05/01/2020|
|Deadline for application||19/01 2020|
|1. About NIEC|
National Independent Electoral Commission (NIEC) Constitute a Commission which is established on Article 111G of the provisional constitution of the Federal Republic of Somalia, its mandate is organizing, conducting, and monitoring elections of districts, regional, national, Public referendum and regulating and monitoring Political Parties
- Purpose of the Job
This position is responsible for electoral training through provision of adequate electoral training content and materials as per the electoral operations training needs
- Role and responsibilities of the Job:
- Attend an intensive train-the-trainer course, participate in all prescribed exercises, assignments and peer review process;
- Develop procedures for electoral processes;
- Develop strong liaison with the NIEC Field and National Offices to ensure thorough preparation and timely implementation of the overall training program of electoral processes, namely, voter registration, polling and counting;
- Coordinate closely with the Field and national offices for the planning and implementation of the training activities;
- Oversee and maintain adherence to a strict cascade plan
- Participate in the organization, allocation and deployment of training materials for scheduled activities
- Ensure Field Offices have received training materials, equipment and training kits ahead of the training as per schedule;
- Prepare regular and periodic detail reports to update the Field and national offices on the progress of training;
- Maintain a record of all relevant administrative information related to training (pre-training evaluations, post-training tests, attendance sheets, reports, course evaluations, etc.).
- Compile detail reports on programme activities as prescribed;
- Support all NIEC training programmes from requesting departments;
- Retain records, including reports, correspondence and minutes of meetings of training department activities;
- Participate in conducting lessons learned after the training programme;
- Perform any other duties relating to capacity development and training as may be assigned
- Academic Qualification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Management, Human Resource, Public Administration while prefereble Master Degree in Education.
- Work experience
- Minimum of two (2) years of direct relevant working experience after graduation in planning, coordinating, implementing and managing adult training and large-scale cascade training programs.
- Knowledge and skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiating skills, and a passion for his/her work;
- Fluency in English and Somali languages, both written and spoken;
- Ability to work collaboratively with team’s and partner with stakeholders and international experts;
- Self-motivated and driven individual with a proven ability to work both independently and with a team to achieve goals, prioritize work, implementing structure and clarity to a process/program;
- Computer literacy and ability to effectively use office technology equipment, IT tools;
- Ability to think critically and strategically in difficult conditions to politically challenge the status quo and encourage shared ownership of outcomes;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines in a conflict environment;
- Respect for gender equality and proven ability to integrate this in tasks carried out
1- Application letter
2- Updated CV
3- Copies of certificates and other supporting documents.
4- Letters of reference from previous employers
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send their documents to the following link: https://niec.so/jobs . The screening of your application will be conducted based on the information you submitted. Before applying, we strongly suggest that you review your profile to ensure completeness. Note that the closing date for application is 19 January 2020 12:00AM midnight.
“NIEC is an equal opportunity employer”