|Title:Training & Logistics Assistant ( 1 Position )||Location:Mogadishu, (with regional travel within Somalia)||Duration:1 year (Renewable)|
Growth, Enterprise, Employment & Livelihoods (GEEL) is 5-year USAID-funded project designed to promote and facilitate inclusive economic growth in south central Somalia, Puntland and Somaliland. The project is currently focusing on the agricultural sector (dairy, fisheries, sesame and banana) but is anticipated to expand in the future into other sectors of the economy. It will also seek to strengthen the business enabling environment through improving access to finance, policy and regulation, and business development services. Particular focus will be given to increase the participation of women and youth in the economy as entrepreneurs, employers, and employees.
The Training & Logistics will support the smooth operation of the Mogadishu office (TO4) by undertaking a wide range of Procurement and logistical activities.
Training & Logistics Assistant General Responsibilities:
The Training & Logistics duties include (but are not limited to):
- Prepare key procurement documents, such as the Request for Proposal/Quotes (RFP/Q), bid tabulation for technical review, and Local Purchase Order Template in collaboration with the Technical Team as appropriate;
- Develop bid evaluation criteria in collaboration with Technical Advisor/Requestor and user department as appropriate;
- Solicit, advertise, and communicate procurement requirements to potential offerors, vendors, and suppliers;
- Ensure the overall integrity of the procurement process through fair and open competition;
- In coordination with Finance, review invoices of suppliers/vendors to ensure expenses are in compliance with the local purchase order and/or agreement as applicable;
- Maintain procurement files locally;
- Provide necessary documentation to regional procurement for signatures when procurement values exceed $30,000;
- Document any material discrepancies upon receipt of goods and communicate with supplier for resolution and alert the Technical Team and Operations Lead as appropriate;
- Develop procurement plans aligned to project activities to ensure timely and consolidated procurements;
- Proactively qualify suppliers for goods and services relevant to the project and maintain an up-to-date qualified supplier worksheet or database;
- Collaborate with other project procurement teams in your country/region in qualifying suppliers for shared services and consolidate procurement where it adds value;
- Create and update procurement contracts following a competitively bid effort
- Maintain up-to-date contract worksheet or database to assist in review, re-negotiation, renewal, and termination of contracts as needed within the validity period;
- Review and document supplier performance with contracted suppliers within the contract period of performance;
- Perform closeout of completed procurement of services and goods;
- Organize events and trainings for TO4 and collaborate with training facilitators.
- Any other tasks or duties assigned by the supervisor.
The Training & Logistics Assistant will report directly to the Procurement Manager and have a working relationship with other procurement team members, along with relevant Technical Team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economic, Finance, Procurement/ Logistics or related field
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a similar role;
- Previous experience working on international donor (USAID, World Bank, UN, DIFID, etc.) funded program(s) is desired.
- Demonstrated understanding of monitoring and evaluation concepts and applications
- Experience or familiarity with data quality control measures
- Excellent oral and written English language communication skills.
- Oral and written Somali language communication skills (preferred)
- Experience working in/on fragile or post-conflict states (preferred)
- Experience working with local organizations and community groups.
How to apply:
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements can submit updated CV and cover letter to Jobs@sogeel.org with subject line: Application for Training & Logistics Assistant.
Deadline:by4, January 2020