New Ways has been operating in south-central zones of Somalia since 1993, delivering multi-sectorial programs in health, nutrition, education, protection, food security and livelihoods our health programs cover: Reproductive, Maternal, Neonatal and child health. Our geographic focus covers Lower / Middle Shabelle, Bay, Galgaduud, and Banaadir regions.
New Ways in partnership with SHF is currently implementing health project under the title: Lifesaving integrated health for Women and children of IDP and vulnerable host community in El Bur district in Galgadud region.
New ways organization is seeking services of professionally qualified and experienced facilitators to conduct training on HYGIENE PROMOTION AND MOBILIZATION TECHNIQUES.
PURPOSE OF ASSIGNMENT
v Deliverable Hygiene promotion and mobilization techniques training for community health workers in Elbur district in Galgaduud region.
v Coordinate the other facilitator counterpart to ensure roles and responsibilities around the agenda and the facilitation of the training sessions are clear. Where necessary, gather feedback from participants on the training process and contents.
v Conduct pre and post training evaluation of all trainees at the beginning of the training, and the end of training.
v Compile and share the session/training evaluation and feedback report with the New Ways health team. As the lead facilitator, compile a comprehensive training report in collaboration with the other facilitators for each training session and a final training report. Specific emphasis should be on the training content, process, and linkages to capacity building strategies.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE FACILITATORS
v Participate in the pre-training planning meeting
v Facilitate training sessions of community health workers staff on necessary skills using hygiene promotion pictures, videos and training manuals
v Specific emphasis should be on the training content, process, and linkages to capacity building strategies.
v A comprehensive training report with pre- and post-evaluation and pictures
· At least 2 years of proven experience in regard to hygiene promotion program
· Proven ability to conceptualize, innovate, plan and execute ideas.
· Good writing and communication skills.
· Computer skills, including strong quantitative analysis and reporting tools.
· Fluency in written and spoken English required.
· Solid analytical, negotiating, communication and advocacy skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships, both within and outside the work place.
· Resource fullness, judgment and maturity.
NB: Dadka jooga Guriceel ama Dhuubamareeb waa lagu dhiirigelin in ay codsadaan.