CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
Overview of position
Responsible for the day to day liaison and community engagement/ communications for the programme in each sphere of responsibility, and reporting directly to the Project Manager.
- Help prepare monthly and quarterly reports on project safe guards performance
- Address project environmental and social issues in during the project supervision and project implementation stages;
- Ensure the quality of safeguard documents, such as Strategic Environmental and Social Assessments, Environmental and Social Impact Assessments, Environmental and Social Management Plans, Resettlement Action Plans;
- Assist in the preparation of environmental and social, technical sections required in the Project as required.
- Develop recommendations to enhance environmental and social benefits and corrective action plans to mitigate environmental and social risks in UNOPS operations.
- Attend Project Board and donor meetings in Mogadishu as required;
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Reports to the Project Manager
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and direction.
• Capable of working with others in a participatory and capacity building manner.
• Ability to establish and maintain excellent contacts with colleagues, government officials, community representatives and contractors.
• Self-motivated, versatile and adaptable to different cultures and people.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize work schedules.
• Knowledge on environmental management and safeguards is required.
• Working knowledge of MS Office Applications required.
• Fluent in both oral and written Somali and English.
• Good analytical skills; resourcefulness, initiative, maturity of judgment.
• Strong communications skills and ability to work with a team to achieve organizational goals.
• Good negotiation skills, and the ability to bring consensus amongst people.
• A problem solving focus rather than merely identifying issues
• An ability to think innovatively and negotiate effectively
• Effective Report and writing skills essential
Qualifications: • Have (0-2) years of relevant professional experience in the environmental sector, and demonstrated ability to manage and perform multiple tasks efficiently; • Experience in working with national or regional government would be advantageous; • Experience in conducting environmental assessments would be advantageous; • Proven skills in integrating environmental and social measures into project operations; • Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Engineering/ Environmental Management or Social Science is a minimum. • Prior experience with UN or INGO is desirable.
How to Apply
Interested candidates may proceed with applying on the following link: https://recruitmentctg.force.com/xcdrecruit__Site_ExternalPositionDetails?id=a113W000000XafA