Adeso, formerly known as Horn Relief, is an expanding and vibrant African based international development and humanitarian organization. At Adeso, we work with African communities who are yet to realize their full potential; working inside these communities to create environments in which Africans can thrive. Our belief that economic, social and environmental security is the bedrock of a healthy community drives the nature and intent of our programming. We work to prevent and overcome situations that adversely affect community well-being by: reinvigorating the economy, developing skills for life and work, providing humanitarian aid, and influencing policy.
For the past 20 years we have strengthened rural livelihoods through environmental awareness, training, technology transfer and innovative humanitarian projects in pursuit of a peaceful, self-reliant, and greener future.
Adeso is an exciting and dynamic organization experiencing managed rapid growth. It offers sound employment conditions with opportunities for personal growth and development.
The Operation Officer will provide logistical support and security advice In Adeso operation areas in Puntland state. This is a field based position directly managed by the Deputy project Manager. The operation Officer will be a full-time member of the Adeso staff**
The role of the operation Officer will be, mainly, to provide logistical support and security related information and advice to the project team during the project implementation period. The support role of the officer be focused but not limited to Puntland. On a needs arise basis, the officer will be expected to provide security and logistical support to other regions where Adeso is operating
SPECIFIC ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Procure requested program support items in a timely manner ensuring that Adeso procurement procedures are followed.
· Account for purchased items and coordinate with the Finance and administrative officer
· Manage and update inventory and stock list in Adeso offices, warehouses and program sites on monthly basis.
· Coordinate with the landlord of Adeso rented premises to ensure that buildings are well maintained and that leasing documents are in order
· Coordinate with other staff members to ensure the offices, warehouses and field sites are adequately equipped and supplied.
· Support the programs with the required logistic information (costs, availability of products, etc.).
· Manage vehicles and drivers and the as well as the maintenance of vehicles fuel vouchers and fuel purchase
· Organize the transportation of goods and persons as required;
· Organize Adeso program and operations files and keep them updated as needed;
· Inform staff about security situations in the area, coordinate with local authorities and other agencies on security related issues and provide appropriate advice to the staff and in particular, to the management team.
· Maintain the guards and drivers schedule for the office/guesthouse and field related trips.
· Understand and adhere to Adeso established policies and procedures for administration, finance, procurement, safety and security management.
· Be responsible for all office assets and keep a detailed asset register
· Undertake all repair and maintenance activities of the guesthouse and office premises
· Any other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Willingness to travel to project activity sites if required
· Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously, be flexible and be willing to assume a range of unanticipated assignments.
· An undergraduate degree in logistics, procurement, supply chain management or any other related field.
· Two years professional experience in a similar role
· Excellent attention to detail, organizational skills; maturity and ability to work in a fast paced environment.
· Strong written and spoken communication skills in English and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Knowledge of the local language spoken.
How to apply
This is a challenging opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated professional. If you would like to join this dynamic team, please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the position in the email subject matter, by 25th May 2020.
Each application should be addressed to the Human Resources Manager and include the following:
· An updated CV; and
· An application letter which should include remuneration requirements and contact information for three work-related referees.