Title of Consultancy: Terms of Reference to Review and Update Organisational internal Policies and procedures of SC Partner CSO’s
SCI Contracting Office : Save the Children Somaliland, Hargeisa Office
Period of Consultancy : 30 working days including Saturdays.
Responsibility for Logistics arrangements and Costs : SCI will arrange transport for the consultant during the field work or desk review.
Taxation Provisions : Consultant shall be responsible for all Taxes arising from the consultancy in line with the Somaliland Tax regulations applicable at the SCI contracting office named above.
Travel requirements : The consultant will be working mainly within Hargeisa and there will be travel to Berbera if needed arise.
Security requirements : Consultant will comply with standard Save the Children Security procedures, including the completion of SCI online security training prior to travel to Somaliland. Qualification and Experience :
- Maters Degree in social sciences, particularly Law, Sociology, Social Work,
- Psychology, Project Management or related fields.
- Proven consultancy experience within the field of organizational capacity assessments and development for Civil Society Organizations of at least 5 years.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Civil Society environment particularly in East Africa is mandatory.
- Knowledge and understanding of children’s rights including on Child Rights Governance and Child protection is a requirement.
- Knowledge of Save the Children and its internal processes will be beneficial but is not essential
- Extensive hands-on experience in organisational capacity assessment and development, capacity building strategic plan development, proposal development and fundraising, mentoring and coaching.
- Experience of working in a resource poor environment.
- Experience of working in Somalia/Somaliland context is an asset.
- Proficiency in Somali is an added advantage.
Evaluation Criteria :
- An in-depth technical response to the TOR by the consultant demonstrating an understanding of how the assessment will be undertaken.
- Above qualifications, Experience and Application Procedure requirements.
Interested consultants should submit their applications via email to [email@example.com].
The applications should be submitted in PDF format as one document comprising Technical and Financial sections as detailed below.
a) Technical proposal – including but not limited to :
- Consultants understanding of the assignment and context
- Approach to the assignment
b) Financial proposal – providing a breakdown of all charges related to the assignment.
Applicants should also indicate the date they are available to start working on the consultancy
All applications MUST be submitted on or before the closing date below to be considered for the assignment.