Consecutive seasons of poor rainfall across Somalia and Somaliland has led to near total crop failures resulting in rapidly diminishing food access among poor households as staple food prices continue to rise sharply. The widespread shortage of water and pasture for livestock is also resulting in increases in livestock deaths so livestock prices have decreased significantly.
SC have been at the forefront of the drought response in Somaliland since 2015, and as the situation has deteriorated end of 2016 has scaled up its response to cover drought affected areas. SC is currently implementing a multi-sectoral program across 8 regions of the country covering Health, Nutrition, WASH, FSL, education and Child Protection. In addition to life-saving food assistance projects, Save the children commenced resilience projects which improves alternative livelihoods, increase resilience of pastoralist and agricultural communities, improve youth access to labour market and enabling communities to not only make them have access to basic foods but also shock resilient.
OBJECTIVE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The purpose of this ToR is to document and produce three short films (3-4 Minutes each) as bellow:
Video I: Income Generation Activity – For the FFO Project in Ainabo, District, Sool Region.
- To document small business establishment of IDP family supported by SCI with funds from FFO.
- To Interview parent/s and other family members on the before and after situation (Daily live, food and income, schooling etc)
- To edit and produce 3-4 minutes HD film on the success of that business as a sample of the rest income generation activities.
- To take 30 HQ photos of that specific business and the family
Video II: Unconditional Cash Transfer, FFP Project in Gargaara Village, Awdal Region.
- To document how the FFP Cash Transfer is helping the Sagar/Drought affected communities in Coastal areas
- To Interview 2-3 beneficiaries talking explaining how they lost their live dependent income sources and how the Cash, plus the behavioral change communications, is helping them to survive.
- To edit and produce 3-4 minutes HD film about success of Cash Transfer in Gargaara.
- To take 30 HQ photos of the team movement and daily live
Video III: Rebuilding the Agro-Pastoral structures in Balayga/Baki – BMZ Project, Awdal Region
- To document the irrigation canals for Balayga and Tuurka Villages, Awdal Region.
- Interview the farmers on how Sagar Cyclone affected their farms.
- Shoot and document how the new irrigation systems are helping in rebuilding resilient income, i.e. crop production
- Shoot different structures, children and communities in use of the canals.
- Interview the Pastoralist on how the drought affected their livestock, herd size, milk production, prices, etc.
- Shoot and document how the new Animal Health Center in Baki is helping with improved livestock health.
- To edit and produce 5 minutes HD video documentation showing the success of rebuilding farming structures in Balayga/Tuurka and Baki, Awdal
- To take 30 HQ photos of the interventions with English subtitles.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Write script of each film and shooting plan.
- Travel to Awdal and Sool regions to documents from the films
- Produce final high-quality videos three (3-4 minutes each) with English sub titles and 90 photos to be presented to programmed partners, donors and stakeholders
- Adhere to save the children branding guidelines provided by the communications team
- Work under the supervision of the communications team
The main target beneficiaries/audience of this documentation is:
- Meeting with project stakeholders and staff in project target areas to collect and record data.
- Engage persons with good background and skills in documenting and demonstrating program achievements.
- Consult with communications team for any clarifications or challenges during the filming and travel.
- Interview programme beneficiaries, stakeholders and implementing teams.
- Conduct field visits to project sites including community structures done.
KEY DELIVERABLES :
- Produce three short documentary films (3-4, 5 minutes high quality and well scripted (with English subtitles) videos covering the full story of the process with interviews from beneficiary and SCI staff.
- 90 high quality and well captioned photos.
In consultation with project teams, ACCM team will be responsible in leading this assignment. The ACCM team will lead the process and provide clear map for capturing required data in an accessible manner. Project team will provide support in identification of key areas of documentation, and beneficiary
The Assignment is expected to take 15 working days. the firm should start within November 2019.
- 1 Day: Travel to Togdher/ Sool Region.
- 4 Days: Shooting in Togdher/ Sool Region.
- 1 Day: Travel back to Hargeisa Capital City.
- 1 Day: Travel to Tuurka/Gargaara Villages, In Awdal Region.
- 3 Days: Shooting in Tuurka/ Gargaara Villages, in Awdal Region.
- 5 Days: Editing (Voice over, Subtitling and Translation)
SCI Contracting Office : Save the Children Somaliland, Hargeisa Office
Period of Consultancy : 15 working days is.
Consultant Type Required: Firm / Company
Responsibility for Logistics arrangements and Costs : Save the Children will only provide transportation but not accommodation, Meals and Other costs.
Taxation Provisions : Consultant shall be responsible for all Taxes arising from the consultancy in line with the Somaliland Tax regulations applicable at the SCI contracting office named above.
Travel requirements : Save the children will only provide inland transportation to the Project locations in Togdheer/Sool and Awdal Region.
Security requirements : Consultant will comply with standard Save the Children Security procedures, including the completion of SCI online security training prior to travel to Somaliland.
Qualification and Experience :
- Have a track record and submit similar work.
- Outstanding Videography and Photography Skills.
- Outstanding Video editing Skills.
- Ability to work with children and IDP Community.
- Good Communication Skills.
- Professional cameras and other equipment’s’.
Evaluation Criteria :
- The Applicant must meet the above required qualification and experience.
Interested consultants should submit their applications via email to [firstname.lastname@example.org].
The applications should be submitted in PDF format as one document comprising Technical and Financial sections as detailed below.
- Submit technical and financial budget break down as above-mentioned days with USD currency
- Submit one draft Script of one of the above assignments to show your capacity of filming
- Initial work plan based on the methodology outlined, and indication of availability.
- Share at least two sample work documentation
- Company profile and CV’s of key experts
Applicants should also indicate the date they are available to start working on the consultancy
All applications MUST be submitted on or before the closing date below to be considered for the assignment.
Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.