SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organization to which all SOS Children’s Villages including SOS Children’s Villages Somalia Association is affiliated. SOS Children’s Villages Somalia has officially been working in Somalia since 1985. SOS is currently working in 134 countries worldwide. We are committed to the welfare of children – often throughout the whole of their childhood, and to strengthening families and communities as a preventive measure in the fight against abandonment and social neglect. We also run education and health facilities. With the SOS Children’s Village concept, the organization pioneered a family approach to the long-term care of orphaned and abandoned children. SOS Children’s Villages upholds child protection policy and our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children and youth from abuse. SOS Currently working in Banadir and Bay Regions, we expending our services to Bakool Region
SOS Children’s Villages invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criterion for the below one position
Job Title: Temporary M&E Officer
Duration of Contract: 5 months
The Temporary M&E Officer will assist the M&E Unit in the management of SOS Somalia country programme monitoring and evaluation. The officer will work closely with SOS Somalia Management and Project/Program staff to ensure that all M&E activities are carried out in an efficient and timely fashion. The officer will assist the M&E staff in project activity monitoring, documentations, data collection, and analysis as well as database management and dissemination relevant information. The officer will work hand in hand with field teams and stakeholders on all programme monitoring and evaluation activities & ensure that monitoring visits are meaningful and capture data sought and feed into management decisions
Report to: Direct line manager Area Manager of Bay & Bakol and technical line Manager M&E Coordinator
Key Area of responsibility:
- Assist in organizing and conducting training, including M&E workshops.
- Participate project specific needs assessment in conjunction with needs assessment teams;
- Participate in the production of project and programme log frames;
- Participate in incorporating lessons learned in concept notes, proposals and project management plans; and
- Assist programme and sector-specific managers to develop systematic and effective project specific M&E plans in keeping with SOS Global and Project M&E Guidelines
- Ensure that programme field activities and events meet minimum SOS standards in their delivery and planning.
- Assist in developing the overall framework of the projects’ monitoring activities
- Ensure quality of data collected by partners
- Provide feedback to partners and programme teams on projects’ performance based on monitoring data findings.
- Establish a secure file storage system (hard and soft) for all data collected
- Participate community/beneficiary selection processes and training & Conduct spot checks in community engagements, beneficiaries and stakeholders to ensure inclusions and accountability
- Assist in documenting case studies and success stories (written & audio) for specific project component & the overall SOS program.
- Contribute MPRs, progress reports and final reports to ensure that reports are accurate, clear, properly formatted and on time;
- Conduct site visits / site monitoring and submit report with clear findings & recommendations
- Develop & manage a monitoring database for all projects and assist project staff in extracting graphic reporting information from the database and incorporating it in reports
- Identify, train and manage the network of enumerators and interviewers in all project areas;
- Determines issues with data collection tools in the field and recommends to the M&E Unit improvements thereof
- Assist in conducting baseline and end line assessments and ensure that they happen in a timely fashion for all projects;
- Organize and lead focus group discussions and conduct interviews for purposes in real time
- Assist in developing survey questionnaires and KIIs
- Brief enumerators and interviewers (or external evaluator) on the project and data collection tools;
- Ensure quality and reliability of survey data collected;
- Ensure receipt of and review transcribed and translated KII data collected;
- Assist in conducting Real Time Evaluations.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum degree in international development, public relations, program development, social studies, Statistics, or other related field;
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in relief and development projects;
- Strong analytical and report writing skills;
- Understanding of the current M&E trends and especially M&E systems in development organizations
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and Somali;
- Extensive knowledge of Somali conflict and operating environment;
- Knowledge and experience in working with community and community leaders, authorities, INGOs, LNGO, and UN agencies;
Desirable: understanding local contexts is additional value
Child Safeguarding Policy: SOS Children’s Villages organization is committed to safeguarding the rights of the children and therefore, is expected that every individual who joins with SOS Children’s Villages Somalia understand his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping children always safe
Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV and scanned copies of your academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees to: this email email@example.com
Indicating with subject line of the position.
Closing date is 12th December, 2019
Competent Female candidates are encourage to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.