The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental and non-profit organization, founded in 1956, that works in more than 35 countries around the world. DRC has been operating in Somalia for more than twenty years, where we assist returnees, IDPs and displacement-affected communities in all three regions (Somaliland, Puntland, and Central and Southern Somalia) through protection, service delivery and livelihoods activities to enhance their self-reliance and expand opportunities for a dignified life. DRC provides both humanitarian assistance and longer-term development support to respond to the needs of communities affected by acute crisis as well as those in protracted displacement situations. In the past year, DRC’s strategic focus has shifted towards more durable solutions-oriented programming, linking displacement affected communities to longer-term initiatives to build resilience and recovery.
Overall purpose of the role
The Community Felicitator will closely work with the community sectors. This position will involve in the implementation of DDG project in the assigned geographical location in partnership with local community taskforces, traditional structure/Gurti, district and regional authorities. The position holder will assist the Project Officer on the day-to-day mobilization of beneficiaries, quality and real-time compilation of project data, feedback to beneficiaries as well as the facilitation of the activity implementation in the field.
- Closely work with the Community-Police Dialogue Collaboration (CPDC) Committee and inclusive Guurti in the target community.
- Community-police planning process to identify their shared values aimed at creating collective identity and values in addressing their common needs.
- Community-police dialogue forums between CPDC committee members and other community and police representatives, document the dialogue proceedings and agreed actions.
- Implementation of Community-Police Plan of Actions through own resource and small grants from the project.
- With the support of the project officer/coordinator take part in Community-state dialogue programs such as radio talk shows, panel discussion and consultative meetings to bring together the government officials (judicial and security actors) and the community members, to bridge the gap and establish effective relations and collaboration.
- Supporting the Guurti-Plus in the documentation and resolving of inter-communal disputes.
- Support the facilitation of District Security and Justice coordination forums, and ensure membership to key influential government officials and civil society actors.
- Collect and record any relevant data from the Guurti plus and the CPDC committees.
- Liaise with CPDC committees both section and town level to ensure smooth implementation of all CPDCs activities in the district.
- Attend CPDCs coordination meetings and assure the appropriate tools for recording data are used properly and share outcomes with the team.
- Responsible for the timely and quality compilation of data collected from the beneficiaries and effective data storage.
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly reports and share with the Project Officer
- Take good care of all assigned assets, including computers and communication equipment.
- Fully adhere to DRC/DDG procedures for security, financial management, logistics, human resources and administration;
- Uphold DDG/DRC’s Code of Conduct;
- Ensure good cooperation with DRC and its partners e.g CEDA, WACCO and all other relevant stakeholders
- Any other tasks requested by the Project Coordinator
Experience, Educational qualifications & technical competencies
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience as Facilitator and/or Trainer of Trainer in social work, community development, conflict management and conflict resolution, peacebuilding, community-policing,
- Minimum of Diploma in Social Sciences, Management, Law, International Development, International Relations or another relevant subject.
- Strong knowledge in community policing, conflict management and alternative dispute resolution (i.e. Somali customary law/Xeer).
- Be able to write minutes of meetings, and initiate draft reports.
- Good mobilization and persuasive skills.
- Flexible and motivated.
- Able to adapt to changing situations as required
- Ability to use IT equipment effectively including cameras.
- Fluency in written and spoken Somali & English
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You are a strong networker and enjoy working with many different types of stakeholders, you involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while balancing the role of advisor and taking leadership
- Communicating: You write and speak effectively and honestly and display political and cultural sensitivity, including ability to adapt well to local cultures
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Availability: January 2019
Duty station: Luuq
Reporting to: DDG Project Manager-AVR
Duration: 3 Month
The position is open to Nationals ONLY
Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels. In light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
Equal Opportunities: DRC is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, color, race, marital status or other protected characteristics.
DRC has a Humanitarian Accountability Framework, outlining its global accountability commitments. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of this framework (http://www.drc.dk/HAF.4265.0.html). All DRC staff must be committed to the Red Cross Code of Conduct, as well as the Core Humanitarian Standards.
Qualified candidates are invited to access the full job description and the requirements for this position under vacancies at www.drc.dk. Please submit applications online using this link by 31st December, 2019.
Apply Now: https://candidate.hr-manager.net/ApplicationInit.aspx?cid=1036&ProjectId=157922&uiculture=en&MediaId=5
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com