Temporary Case Worker – Mogadishu – Somali Nationals Only.
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
SCOPE OF ROLE**: The role purpose of the case worker position is to work on case management by working with the existing community-based child protection structures in the project targeted communities. Case workers will primarily be identified children with protection needs and concerns and will provide appropriate response
Reports to: Child protection Officer
Staff directly reporting to this post:** none
Budget Responsibilities: N/A
Contract Duration: 6 Months
Country Dimensions: Save the Children has been working in Somalia for more than 60 years. The Country Office has over 500 staff across 14 field offices (Boroma, Burao and Hargeisa in Somaliland; Bosasso, Garowe, Galkayo and Gardo in Puntland; Beletweyne, Adaado, Abudwak, Baidoa, Kismayo, Dhobley and Mogadishu in Central South Somalia). Our Country Office coordination and administration base is in Nairobi, Kenya. In 2017, as a result of significant scale up for the countrywide drought response, our annual spend FY2017 was US$117 million and we reached more than 2 million people through our humanitarian and longer term development work in Health, Nutrition, Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH), Education, Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL), Child Protection and Child Rights Governance. The Country Office manages 61 active awards totalling US$165 million from a range of governmental/institutional donors, including DFID, ECHO, EU, FFP, OFDA, and DANIDA being some of our largest.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
· Minimum Diploma in Community Development /social work, education in emergencies and Sociology.
· Experience working with children in child protection/social work including knowledge of para-social skills.
· Commitment to child protection and respect of the best interest of the child
· Understanding of protection concerns for children and knowledge of community mobilisation techniques.
· Strong interpersonal skills, ethical sensitivity and ability to empathise with children and their carers
· Experience in community mobilisation and conducting outreach activities
· Good communication skills with fluency in written and spoken in English Language ,
· Strong motivation and willingness to work with children for their wellbeing
· Ability to work under pressure and willingness to work flexible hours when necessary.
· Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
· Experience in working in child protection case management
· Knowledge of child safeguarding principles
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at
Application will be close on 19th July 2020.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=ZG9sYWQuNTE5NTguMTIxODVAc2F2ZXRoZWNoaWxkc…