Internship Description: Teachers for vocational training project
The HALO Trust is a non-profit international non-governmental organisation. The HALO Trust is the world’s largest humanitarian mine action organisation and has conducted mine clearance and explosive ordnance disposal (EOD) in Somaliland since 1999, employing over 500 local staff.
Duty Location: Somaliland Minefield camps
Reports to: Vocational training Assistant
Application deadline date: 25/10/2019
The vocational training is a six-month project that aims to develop the educational level of HALO staff and teach them useful skills. There may be opportunities for further employment with HALOat the conclusion of this contract.
We are recruiting 11 interns to teach various subjects (English, mathematics and Somali) in minefield camps.
- Planning, preparing and delivering lessons.
- Preparing classroom and course work materials
- Helping students to improve their listening, speaking, reading and writing skills via individual and group teaching sessions.
- Evaluating students class work and assignments.
- Recording and maintaining accurate student attendance records and grades.
- Good level of numeracy
- Somali/English Language proficiency
- Creativity and innovated ideas
- Interpersonal communication
- Record keeping
- University graduate (Bachelor’s degree in any field)
- Experience in vocational training
- Experience in teaching
How to Apply
- The HALO Trust is an equal opportunities employer, and will not discriminate against any candidate on the basis of age, sex, ethnicity, religion, or any other characteristic. All recruitment is conducted in a transparent manner, with selection made solely on the basis of ability. Women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Submit a CV and cover letterin soft copy email@example.com in hard copy to HALO’s Head Office in Hargeisa.
- B.Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview
- PLEASE ENSURE A CONTACT PHONE NUMBER IS CLEARLY MARKED
Fadlan Xogtaada sida CV iyo Cover letter u dirso: firstname.lastname@example.org