Teacher Training Officer – (20000019)
Teacher Training Officers – Garowe– Somali Nationals Only
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
The core function of this position is to coordinate and implement AEP teacher training and Teacher Professional Development (TPD) programs across all the supported learning centres in the regions under the USAID- funded, Accelerated Quality Learning for Somali Children and Youth program. Teacher training Officer will work with the teacher training Specialist to ensure all in-service teachers training programs and any other short term teacher trainings are well organized and carried out, based on the training needs identified. In agreement with the line manager, and other relevant stakeholders, the job holder will work alongside other players on the day-to-day planning, coordination, and reporting on the component deliverables towards achieving the programme objectives.
Contract Duration: 12 Months
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related fields and/or relevant experiences in education programme administration and management.
- A minimum of two years of professional experience in programme planning and management, including budget management; research, analysis and programme implementation at national and sub-national levels within teacher development- related matters with different stakeholders and partners.
- Conversant with education policies and strategies and must poses understanding of education Issues particularly those related to teacher training and school management.
- Minimum of two years of work experience in humanitarian aid delivery or development field, especially Education in Emergencies in Somalia context with/or community mobilization.
- Background in teaching and teacher training.
- Knowledge of project cycle management with stakeholder participation in project implementation and monitoring.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to foster effective partnerships with a range of implementing partners are required.
- Knowledge of local education context in Somalia, especially Accelerated Learning program context in Somalia.
- Experience in working in emergencies setting.
- Demonstrate understanding of Puntland education system and education in humanitarian programmes.
- Experience of working in the Region.
- Working knowledge of Child protection.
We need to keep children safe, so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified candidates.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents.