Title: Supply Chain officer-National Only
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
As an integral staff member of the Save the Children, the Supply Chain Officer will support the field team by undertaking technical and practical operational tasks to ensure smooth, safe and efficient operation of logistical activities in Galkacyo.
Contract Duration: 12 Months
|JOB TITLE: Supply Chain and Logistics Officer|
|TEAM/PROGRAMME: Support, Supply Chain and Logistics||LOCATION: Galkacyo|
|GRADE: 4||TYPE OF CONTRACT: National|
|Contract Length||12 Months|
|CHILD SAFEGUARDING:Level 3: the role holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work in country programs; or are visiting country programs; ore because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.|
|ROLE PURPOSE:As an integral staff member of the Save the Children, the Supply Chain Officer will support the field team by undertaking technical and practical operational tasks to ensure smooth, safe and efficient operation of logistical activities in Galkacyo.|
|SCOPE OF ROLE:Reports to: Functional reporting to field manager and technical reporting to Supply Chain Manager|
Dimensions: Save the Children works in 4 regions in Somalia/Land with a current staff complement of approximately 350 staff.
Staff directly reporting to this post: store keeper
|KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY: I. Warehouse and Stocks Management|
II. Procurement and Inventory Management
1- Receive procurement requests from different sections and prepare RFQ and/or ITTs with a view of ensuring quality, timely and cost effective procurement.
2- Ensure procurements are carried out in line with Save the Children policy and procedures.
3- Ensure donor procurement policies, guidelines and specific requirements are strictly adhered to.
4- To establish and maintain good contacts with suppliers, UN agencies and other NGOs with regard to logistical matters
5- Carry out market surveys and maintain an up to date database of critical suppliers
III. Transport Management
· Report, as required, on project work and any management issues arising in each assignment (to the area management teams)
· Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, procurement and logistics, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
· Ensure that all work is carried out in a way that is sensitive to community needs and gender and children issues. In particular, to promote the full and equal participation of women and children in all aspects of the work.
· Undertake/implement additional actions and responsibilities, as requested by your line manager.
|COMPETENCIES AND BEHAVIOURSDelivering Results (Skilled)|
· Delivers timely and appropriate results using available resources
· Takes responsibility for their work and its impact on others
· Plans, prioritises and performs tasks well without needing direct supervision
· Understands the link between their work and the organisation’s objectives
Problem Solving & Decision Making (Skilled)
· Gathers the right information and uses critical thinking to make effective and timely decisions
· Knows when to involve others in a decision
· Simplifies processes and procedures wherever possible
Applying Technical & Professional Expertise (Skilled)
· Delivers work that reflects a good knowledge and application of technical and professional standards
· Keeps up to date with trends in their work area
· Maintains ethical and professional behaviour in accordance with relevant codes of conducts
Working Effectively with Others (Skilled)
· Actively listens to new and different perspectives and experiences of those they work with
· Proactively supports team members and trusts their capabilities
· Demonstrates understanding of their skills and how they complement those of others within diverse teams and groups
|QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE· Bachelor Degree in procurement, Transport, Logistics, Business Administration or related, or secondary school education with relevant professional experience|
· 3 years proven work experience in Logistics within a busy working environment such as private company, INGOs or UN
· Good English language command.
· Good computer and writing skills.
· Good communication and interpersonal skills.
· High level of integrity and ability to work as part of a professional team
· Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
· Commitment to the aims and principles of SCI. In particular, a good understanding of the SCI mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
· Commitment to SCI Child Protection Policy
|CHILD SAFEGUARDING POLICY:Any employee, consultant, contractor or the supplier undertaking an activity on behalf of SCI must sign the Child Safeguarding – Declaration of Acceptance Form] and comply with the SCI’s Child Safeguarding Policy which is a statement of SCI’s commitment to preventing abuse and protecting children with whom it comes into contact.|
This extends not only to children with whom SCI and its partners work directly, but also includes children whom staff are responsible for. SCI believes that the situation of children must be improved through the promotion of their rights supported and demonstrated by all members of staff. Save the Children International’s Code of Conduct sets out the standards which all staff members must adhere to.
|CODE OF CONDUCTBecause Save the Children’s work is based on deeply held values and principles, it is essential that our commitment to children’s rights and humanitarian principles is supported and demonstrated by all members of staff. Save the Children’s Code of Conduct sets out the standards which all staff members must adhere to.|
Declaration of commitment:
I …………… understand and agree to undertake my responsibility in accordance with the above listed accountabilities/activities and also abide the terms and conditions of the contract
Signature: ………………. Date: ………………
|Date: April 2020 Author SCI|
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor Degree in procurement, Transport, Logistics, Business Administration or related, or secondary school education with relevant professional experience
- 3 years proven work experience in Logistics within a busy working environment such as private company, INGOs or UN
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- High level of integrity and ability to work as part of a professional team
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
The Application will close on 10th May,2020
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents