| Ref: GAVO-MH/07/2021|
2 (Two Positions)
General Assistance and Volunteer Organization (GAVO)
GAVO and PSR have developed a new project, proposed to take place Somaliland in 2019-2022. Despite the high prevalence of mental health disorders in Somaliland, public mental healthcare service provision in Hargeisa and in the whole region remains sparse, with a limited amount of trained mental health care professionals, low public capacity and lacking community mental health care services. Gender equality and human rights issues in mental health services require a special focus due to the especially limited access to mental health care services by women and girls, the high occurrence of SGBV, and the weak human rights situation of people suffering from mental health disorders. Mental health issues carry a strong stigma in Somaliland, with people suffering from mental health disorders often discriminated against and being marginalized.
GAVO is looking for an experienced social workers especially mental health psychosocial workers.
- Responsibilities & Duties
- Select the target groups or beneficiaries:
- Assess level of ADL (Activities of Daily Life) function and ability to work.
- Design of psychosocial rehabilitation plan for persons with mental health problems involving family, children and evaluate the plan consistently.
- Conduct continues psychosocial development follow up for the patients under rehabilitation and their families.
5 .Have the capacity to moderate any MHPPS capacity building by GAVO organization
- Coordinate with other staff (doctors, mangers, social workers, nurses) in the psychosocial center and organization.
- Able to visit patients at their locations or homes and report back with his/her reflections.
- Must record the data of patients in both hard and soft copies for tracking information, documentation and record keeping.
9 .Submit report to his/her senior on time.
- Participate in meeting and other activities required.
- Qualifications and instruction
The social worker must be a Somali citizen with a good character, well qualified and experienced, with high standards of ethics and integrity, and commitment to creating an effective, accountable administration for the GAVO organization
Social worker expected to have:
- University degree in psychology, social work, or related field.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in social work, preferably mental health.
The social worker must be able to demonstrate:
- High levels of personal and professional integrity
- Good timekeeping
- Proven analytical and communication skills
- Flexibility – can adapt to changing work priorities with little notice
- Able to follow instructions and work independently as required
- Ability to communicate well both orally and in writing
How to Apply
- Confidential application can be addressed to Fatuma@gavosoma.orgor firstname.lastname@example.org not later than on 30th January2021 at 16:00.
- Note: Write the title of the position on the subject of your Email.
- Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted for interview.
IMPORTANT: Please be reminded that the deadline for application of the advertisement is on the 30th January at 16:00 as mentioned above. Questions and clarifications requested close to the deadline may not be answered due to the lack of time. Consider it when submitting your application.