The Federal Government of Somalia
Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (REOI)
COUNTRY: Federal Government of Somalia (FGS)
NAME OF PROJECT: Shock Responsive Safety Net for Human Capital Project (SNHCP)
PROJECT ID: P171346
Assignment Title: SNHCPLiaison Officer for Puntland State of Somalia
Reference No.: SO-MOLSA-166923-CS-INDV
Place of assignment: Mogadishu, Somalia
The SNHCP Liaison Officer will help to coordinate the implementation of project activities at the Puntland level between the PIU of the MoLSA, WFP and UNICEF and the relevant representatives of the FMS, as well as other consultants, both individuals and firms, hired under the SNHCP to facilitate effective delivery of project activities to achieve the overall project objectives. The SNHCP Liaison Officer will work closely with the MOLSA PIU team and other implementing partners under Component 1 & 2, namely WFP and UNICEF.
- Responsibilities of the assignment
The overall responsibilities of the Liaison Officer are (i)Serve as a point of contact and sensitize the relevant representatives at counterpart ministries at the FMS level, community-based organizations (CBOs) and other social partners on social protection and SNHCP to create champions for Baxnaano at the FMS level, (ii) Facilitate cooperation between the MoLSA/FGS and the relevant representatives at counterpart ministries at the FMS level on SNHCP activities and communicate priorities and concerns of the represented FMS to the PIU at the FGS level; (iii) Coordinate with the relevant representatives at counterpart ministries at the FMS level, the PIU/MoLSA, and field teams of WFP and relevant UNICEF staff, as well as the CBOs and other social protection partners to support the implementation of the SNHCP in his/her respective FMS; (iv) reporting immediately to the PIU/MoLSA complaints related to the SNHCP in line with SNHCP complaints procedure for the PIU/MoLSA to respond as necessary;and other specific tasks detailed in the Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment that can be found at the following website: www.molsa.gov.so or can be provide upon submission of application in person or by e-mail provide below.
- Selection Criteria:
Selection shall be based on qualification and experience of the candidate and followed by an interview. The minimum qualification, experience and skills should include:
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following areas: development studies, social work, management, public administration or business administration or any other relevant fields;
- 5 years of relevant working experience at the national or international level in project/programme coordination and management areas including humanitarian organizations, international NGOs, and government.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Somalia development agenda, mechanisms and principles of social protection, Safety net programs and intra-governmental processes;
- Proven skills and ability in effectively communicating with and coordinating across diverse groups of stakeholders, including project staff, partners, government authorities, private sector, communities as well as beneficiaries;
- Excellent communication (spoken and written) skills in Somali and English, including the ability to communicate proactively with key stakeholders, correctly interpret messages from others and respond appropriately. The candidate will demonstrate openness in sharing information;
- Duration:The duration for the assignment is 12 months, renewable based on satisfactory performance and availability of budget.
- The Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs now invites eligible Individual to indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested Individual Consultants must submit their Curriculum Vitae (CV)and cover letterindicating that they are qualified to perform the services.
- The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraphs 3.14, 3.16 and 3.17of the WorldBank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers: Procurement in Investment Financing Goods, Works, Non-Consulting and Consulting Servicesdated July 2016 and revised in November 2017 and August 2018,(“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
- A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultants Selection method set out in the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations.
- Mode of submission of Applications and deadline:Interested Consultants may obtain further information including a detailed Terms of Reference at the address given below from 8:30 to 3.30pm Mogadishu time (Excluding public holidays).
Expressions of interest (EOI) and CV must be delivered (in person or by e-mail) in a written form in three (3) hard copies (if not by e-mail) to the address belowby April 26, 2020 12.00 mid night (Mogadishu Time) – marked clearly as – Application for Liaison Officer for Puntland State of Somalia.
Att. Project Manager
Social Protection Department,
Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs
Federal Government of Somalia