IBS Bank is a sharia compliant commercial bank licensed by the Central Bank of Somalia. The Bank’s mission is to be a trans-formative financial solutions provider for a better society, and has a vision to be the leading and innovative international Islamic Financial Institution (IFI). As a peoples’ bank, it positions itself as an attractive place to work in.
THE POSITION: SME Manager
IBS Bank is looking to fill the position of a SME Manager
The role of the job is to develop and grow the SME business to oversee the marketing of IBS Bank to SME.To bring SME customers to IBS to evaluate the customer satisfaction. To assess competition. To design IBS strategies, marketing technics and SME products.
The role reports to Head of Retail and SME.
Position: SME Manager
Job type: Full time
SME Manager duties and responsibilities of the job
SME Manager day-to-day activities including:
- Maintain the highest standards in management of the section and ensure compliance to the Bank’s values and brand,
- Develop SME products and business plans.
- Responsible for creating SME opportunities and growing the SME business in numbers, value both deposits and income and market share.
- Ensuring the branches and the sales teams play their role in selling SME business to meet and exceed their allocated targets.
- Maximize cross selling to big corporate organizations.
- Maintaining good relationship between IBS and the market segment and other partners.
- Monitor customer satisfaction with products and service in its varied form with focus on the different economic and social sectors and client needs as well as competitor activities on a continuous basis, providing feedback for policy and strategy formulation.
- Monitor the performance of SME products, the impact of; sales, marketing promotional programs as well as the impact of business strategies in this segment and make proposals for continuous improvement.
- Keep in touch with SME marketing trends in the world, government policies and programs to ensure IBS employs effective modes of marketing financial services to SME and making business propositions.
- Apply the best team work strategies with the branch managers, Corporate department, marketing and other departments to maximize on value addition in this segment to the delight and satisfaction of customers and other stakeholders.
- Build companywide awareness of the SME market.
- The candidate should have the ability to attract, develop, and retain good staff while offering them support to produce exceptional results.
- In addition, the job requires exceptional innovative skills, creativity and self-drive.
- The candidate could be required to perform any other duties as may be required by the bank
- A degree in business/commerce preferably with specialization in marketing, economics or any other related courses as well as IT skills in excel and word.
- MBA will be an added advantage.
- Four years’ experience in banking particularly within a business unit with at least two years at Manager level.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve good results and work as a team player.
Other Personal skills
Suitable candidates will be expected to display the following qualities:
- Attention to detail is imperative
- Organization and time-management skills
- Ability to assess, identify and evaluate risk, plus establish cause and prescribe and enforce solutions
- Excellent reporting skills
- The ability to keep calm under pressure, especially when there are tight deadlines and in difficult situations
- The ability to think objectively
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written is a must.
If you believe you meet the above specifications, send your application letter and curriculum vitae mentioning your current/last work with copies of your credentials before 30/04/2020 to: email@example.com . with subject line SME Manager. Please note that , only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.