Site Engineer TOR:
Job title: Site Engineer
Reports to: CEO / Project Manager
Amal Real Estate is an integrated real estate company based in Garowe, Somalia established to acquire, develop, invest, finance, market and operate commercial and residential real estate properties. As an affiliate of Amal Bank, Amal Real estate is designed to complement the financial muscle of the Bank in order to provide long-lasting value for our clients and healthy returns for our investors. In addition to our development capabilities, we provide real estate brokerage and joint-venture partnerships with institutional and high net-worth investors. We also own and operate construction equipment and tools for large and medium scale projects.
Role objectives Functions:
• General construction.
• Design Management.
• Construction Supervision.
• Knowledge Management.
• Plan & coordinate work activities with the Project Engineer and project manager
• Take timely action to prevent potential delays &/or cost overruns that can be avoided.
• Provide supervision of project work progress & quality for on time project delivery.
• Monitor contractor presence on the project site, including BoQ as per approved contract.
• Provide data & information about project work to Project Engineer and Project Manager for reporting purposes.
• Provide monthly report to the Project Engineer and Project Manager detailing all project matters including quality, health & safety, environmental & financial, as well as any issues relating to possible delays.
• Offer advice in the planning, co-ordination and supervision of technical aspects of construction projects.
• Assist the Project Engineer to outline design requirements (e.g. timeline) to procure design services, including concept, preliminary & final stages where applicable.
• Assist the Project Engineer to manage the design plan ensuring deliverables are available on time & to the required quality and design/plan.
• Supervise construction works & administer works execution as per the contractual provisions & the design specifications.
• Ensure quantity/quality control & time schedule consistency.
• Support the overall management of works implementation to ensure constructions works are completed on time, within budget & to quality standards.
• Provide regular supervision of the project work progress & quality for on time delivery.
• Oversee surveying works, engineering control of the works etc.
• Monitor project progress, compliance with design specifications and safety standards
• Inspect facilities and test material and structural integrity
– Day to day management of the site, including supervising & monitoring the site labor force & the work of contractors & any subcontractors.
– Interpretation of survey results into technical drawings.
– Planning implementation works & efficiently organizing the site in order to meet agreed deadlines.
– Overseeing quality control, environmental, health & safety matters on site.
– Preparing reports as required.
– Ensuring all materials used & work performed are as per specifications.
– Compile estimates for technical and material requirements for project development
– Suggest process and technical design changes to improve quality and efficiency
– Have a positive team-oriented attitude.
– Identify design, schedule & cost variances & develop recommendations for corrective action.
– Compile and present reports explaining project details to non-technical stakeholders
– Maintain detailed documentation of all site engineering activities
• A primary degree in a relevant subject such as construction, building or civil/structural engineering.
• A Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related field is desirable.
• 5-10 years of related work experience
• AutoCAD certification is desirable.
• Project Management certification
• Problem-solving skills
• Negotiating, supervisory and leadership skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and updated CV to Applicant@amalbankso.so, clearly indicating the role applied for on the subject bar not later than the date indicated above.