Three Positions: Somaliland Coordinator, Puntland Coordinator, and South – Central Somalia Coordinator
By advancing youth skills and building social investment through multifaceted programs, Shaqodoon organization has strong and complementary experiences working with the IDPs, Refugee Returnees, and Host Communities, especially with the underprivileged youth and women in Somalia.
Shaqodoon Organization has been operational in Somalia since 2011, implementing programs in entrepreneurship development, SME development, business development services (BDS), mentoring, and creating sustainable livelihoods development initiatives. Over the last years, Shaqodoon Organization engaged in social mobilization and economic development for communities and taken approaches for state-buildings that leverages local processes of mobilization of resources to build social cohesion and trust between citizens and government authorities. To deliver on its mandate and achieve its mission goals, Shaqodoon Organization is taking new development strategies to create new partnerships, new approaches to serve its clients, and exploring various resource mobilization opportunities.
The incumbents will focus on providing support to program implementation by leading the implementation of Shaqodoon programs in the region. The incumbent will also support the Program Manager and Executive Director in various processes and procedures related to the strategic planning and reporting. He/she will be based in either Hargeisa, Garowe or Mogadishu and will travel to project locations. He/she will also be responsible for the day-to-day management and implementation of all Projects, including all substantive and administrative matters.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of the Program Manager and Executive Director of Shaqodoon Organization, the incumbent will be responsible for:
- Planning, directing, and coordinating the work and Projects of Shaqodoon Organization
- Represent Shaqodoon Organization at conferences and meetings organized by the Government, INGOs, UN, and the private sector.
- Coordinate all project activities, from substantive, administrative, and financial points of view, applying strategic planning and systematic coordination of project activities.
- Provide direction and leadership in advocating project objectives and ensuring that all interested parties are well informed about the project activities and goals.
- Identify any support and advice required for the management, planning, and control of Projects.
- Ensure timely preparation and compilation of the Project Annual/Quarterly Work Plans and Progress/Final substantial and Narrative and financial reports and its submission to donors as appropriate.
- Prepare monthly reports of project activities, issues, and required action points. Prepare the Projects monthly, quarterly, and semi-annual progress reports (progress against planned activities, update on risks and issues, expenditures), annual review report, and final review reports, and submit them to donors as appropriate.
- Guide and orient efforts and contributions of consultants, staff, and government counterparts towards achieving project objectives.
- Endeavor to build professional relationships with authorities to ensure full participation of a broad spectrum of national leadership in identifying, planning, and executing Project activities.
- Ensure proper professional relationships with community leaders, the business community, local NGOs, and other Community-Based Organizations (Women’s associations, youth associations, etc.).
- Perform other duties that are assigned by Shaqodoon Executive Director and Senior Shaqodoon Management.
Qualifications, Experience, and Competencies
The Coordinator is expected to have the following qualifications and experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration, Economics, Project Management, or a related field.
- Relevant professional experience of at least 3 to 5 years working within or NGO/INGO/UN or Government
- Experience in Project management is a strong asset.
- Extensive experience managing programs funded by a diversity of sources, including governments and aid agencies, the private sector, and donors.
- Strong leadership quality with the ability to garner teamwork conflict management.
- Ability to produce analytical reports, excellent report writing skills.
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity and ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities.
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure and with limited time frames.
- Possess a level of general computer literacy with a range of IT skills.
- Ability, flexibility, and willingness to take on other responsibilities or duties as deemed necessary.
- All posts will be advertised on an equal opportunity basis, and qualified people are encouraged to apply:
- Employment will be on a full-time basis, and the contract will be for one year and subject to annual review.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and updated CV with three professional references and their contact details on or before Thursday, March 4th, 2021, via this email address: email@example.com. Indicate the title of the position in the subject of your email “Coordinator – Somaliland or Coordinator – Puntland or Coordinator – South & Central Somalia.” Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.”
- No Tags
1246 total views, 437 today