CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
Overview of Position
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is one of the largest humanitarian and development actors in Somalia. IOM’s Migration Health Division (MHD) is implementing emergency health and nutrition projects across 12 regions of Somalia, in addition to health systems strengthening programming and medical support for migrants and returnees. MHD’s projects encompasses both humanitarian and development programming.
Working under the overall supervision of the Senior Programmes Coordinator, and the direct supervision of the Health Programme Coordinator, the successful candidate will be
responsible for field-level technical oversight, coordination and implementation of MHD health and nutrition programmes, as well as countrywide programme management, administration, and project development. The incumbent will be MHD Somalia’s clinical lead.
- Provide direct technical oversight to emergency health response. This may also include activities such as disease outbreak responses, primary healthcare and nutrition services, and and facilitation of referrals.
- Support the Health Programme Coordinator in the implementation of MHD’s health and nutrition programmes, including overall management, coordination, and daily administration.
- Travel frequently (60%) to field sites for program monitoring, start-up of new health and nutrition projects, and technical clinical supervision. This may include the regions of Puntland, Somaliland, Galmudug, Jubaland, Southwest State and Benadir.
- Assess on an ongoing basis the evolving health landscape in current and potential implementation regions, to inform strategic decision-making on project implementation and optimal allocation of resources.
- Design and lead implementation of rapid assessments, technical surveys, and pilot project.
- Develop clinical monitoring and quality assurance tools for health and nutrition, and tools for capacity building of government health workers.
- Ensure systems are in place for collection and effective utilization of routine health and nutrition data.
- Contribute to the evaluation of the overall health projects, including monitoring of progress against targets
- Participate in proposal writing for new projects, and internal and external reports.
- Provide technical support to medical logistics and supply chain management for the health team including medical commodities, health promotion materials and logistical supplies. Ensure quality of supplies, consumption monitoring, forecasting and proper stock management of RRT related supplies.
- Represent IOM at health, nutrition, protection cluster meetings, pillar working groups, technical working groups, and other relevant coordination structures. Liaise and strengthen relationships with Ministry of Health, UN agencies, INGOs, and donor representatives.
- Participate in the recruitment, coaching, supervision and appraisal of staff as relevant.
- Ensure effective MHD support to other departments in IOM Somalia, including migrant protection assistance, stabilization and early recovery programmes, disarmament demobilization and reintegration, and migration for international development in Africa (MIDA).
- Act as the Deputy to the Health Programme Coordinator, filling in as department in-charge as needed.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Health Programme Coordinator
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
• Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
• Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM ( optional depending on position level)
Interested candidates may create a candidate profile by clicking on the following link and then applying: https://recruitmentctg.force.com/xcdrecruit__Site_ExternalPositionDetail…