CARE International is a humanitarian aid organization fighting global poverty, with a particular focus on working with women and girls to bring lasting change to their communities. As a non-religious and non-political organization, CARE works with communities to help overcome poverty by supporting development projects and providing emergency relief. We believe supporting women and girls is one of the most effective ways to create sustainable outcomes in poor communities.
Therefore, we invite applications from experienced and talented individuals for the position of Senior Health & Nutrition Programme Officerbased in Lasanod, Sool Region
The Senior Health and Nutrition Officer will oversee the day to day implementation of all aspects of emergency Health and nutrition activities including running of emergency Health and Nutrition sites (Mobile and fixed), community mobilization, needs assessments, program reporting and devise new interventions as deemed necessary. S/he will be required to provide Health and nutrition technical backstopping to CARE and Ministry of health staff through mentorship, technical support, capacity building initiatives to staff and the community at large. The incumbent will also be required to create a seamless integration between the Health and nutrition component and other emergency projects for proper and efficient utilization of resources at the field office. S/he will be required to make regular monitoring efforts and periodic visits to all emergency nutrition project field sites on a regular basis. The Senior Health and Nutrition Officer will functionally report to the Health and Nutrition Manager, Somaliland.
- Program management and implementation
- Represent CARE International in Somaliland in all matters related to nutrition in the assigned program location while liaising with partners, donors, governments and NGOs at the field.
- Provide technical and management support to integrated health and nutrition projects carried out in Somaliland.
- Identify needs and initioate startegies to address health and nutrition needs of communities in Project area and work with CARE and partner staff to develop a sustainable community based programs for addressing direct, underlying and basic causes of malnutrition and diseases morbidity.
- Create a seamless integartion of Health and nutrition Projects and linkage with WaSH, protection and Livelihoods.
- Provide technical support and guidance to the Ministry of Health Staff supported by CARE and ensure the Ministry of health and cluster guidelines are followed to provide critical health and nutrition services to the community.
- Participate in establishing funding requirements for health and nutrition interventions and contribute to the development of proposals and concept notes for emergency response
- Enhance the integration and mainstreaming of protection and do not harm the beneficiaries in all health and nutrition interventions.
- Integrate M&E systems to support beneficiaries accountability,donor reporting, performance metrics and organizational learning
- Program Design
- Work in close collaboration with the Health and Nutrition Manager ensure that emergency Health and nutrition interventions build upon long term programming.
- Provide up to date Health and nutrition data and information necessary for the development of high-quality programs
- Asssit in design of innovative Health and Nutrition interventions in line with Ministry of health and development, Somaliland strategic priorities and humanitarian needs.
- Develop routine joint supervision with Ministry of health to provide program support and quality control.
- Responsible forquality standards of reports from CARE supported MCHs and projectlocations.
- Support in initiation and development of donor reports.
- Representation and coordination
- Participate in all field-level health and nutrition cluster and technical working group coordination meetings
- Represent CARE in all inter-agency assessments
- Coordinate with partners to identify health and nutrition gaps and needs to inform CARE programming
- Capacity building
- Assess and identify CARE and Ministry of Health Staff capacity needs and develop a training plan
- Provide in house capacity building to CARE program staff.
- Design and provide capacity building to CHWs, TBAs, Mother support group and other community resource persons and key health and nutrition interventions
- Required qualifications and experiences
- Degree in Health and Nutrition or other related fields from a recognised Institution.
- At least 5 years progressive experience in managing health and nutrition programs in conflict situations.
- Experience in setting up and running of Health and Nutrition programs
- Experience in carrying out the needs assessment
- Experience in proposal development and donor reporting
- Experience and skills in managing teams
- Experience organizing and facilitating training
- Excellent communication skillswritten and spoken
- Fluency in English and Somali
- Strong interpretation skills, flexibility, adaptability and empathy
How to Apply:
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their application letters and detailed CV in a one PDF documentto SOM.SomalilandRecruitment@care.orglatest by20 July 2020. Candidates are required to quote the position title “Senior Health & Nutrition Programme Officer” on the subject line of the email when applying. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
CARE is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
CARE is Zero Tolerant organization for child abuse and sexual exploitations