The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) is a global humanitarian organization with a mission to work with people in poverty and distress to create just and positive change. ADRA Somalia belongs to the world wide network, comprised of more than 130 supporting and implementing country offices. ADRA Somalia is seeking to recruit two Senior Adm/Finance Officer to be based in Garowe in Puntland state of Somalia.
- Managing all aspects of day to day operations of accounting department
- Assist in the implementation of finance policies, procedures and systems
- Ensure compliance with ADRA procedures and guidelines
- Review all payment documents for proper and adequate back-up
- Review all expenditure worksheets for accuracy and completeness
- Review spreadsheets from field sites before uploading to sunplus.
- Conduct regular timesheets audit to ensure consistent adherence
- Give feedback to Field Finance offices regarding their monthly templates.
- In liaison with Logistics and Administration departments, prepare commitment lists every month for financial obligations already entered into but not captured in financial reports.
- Review bank reconciliation monthly from field Offices.
- Forward to the Payroll Administrator every month, outstanding personnel advances and charges related for recovery.
- Serve as a technical resource person for the accounting department. Assist on matters relating to payroll processing and be the finance focal person on payroll issues.
- Review all POs and PRs for proper coding and budget adequacy before approval.
- In liaison with Logistics department, prepare commitment lists every month for financial obligations already entered into but not captured in financial reports,
- Act at all times in accordance with country law and standards of accounting practice.
- Review, with the objective of gaining a clear understanding, budget guidelines and instructions.
- Review funding allocations to enable proper guidance to programs and proper coding.
- Provide training to program staff on finance issues.
- Be receptive to training provided and to develop his or her technical and professional competence.
- Follow any new procedures and guidelines designated ADRA from the Country Director and Finance Director/Manager.
- Do the month end up loading to SUNPLUS.
- Produce monthly and quarterly reports to be reviewed by Finance Director/Manager.
- Communicate with Finance Director/Manager on security issues within the office and outside the office.
- Report to the Finance Director/Manager any irregularities that occur within the ADRA office, staff compound on policy and procedures.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance,
- Professional course ACCA or CPA or any other recognized professional course.
- Five (5) experience in the relevant field
- Computer literate with significant experience in excel, accounting package knowledge (SUN system) will be an added advantage.
- The candidate should be mature, with stable personality and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Fluent in English.
If you meet the above requirements, please send your application and including your CV to email@example.com not later than 31st January 2020 starting your current and expected salary. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
‘’ADRA Somalia is committed to upholding the rights of all children and vulnerable adults that we serve and those we interact with in the course of our work. We endevour to protect all from all forms of abuse and exploitation as outlined in the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child and Inter Agency Standing Committee (IASC) six core principles on Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA). ADRA Somalia has zero tolerance to abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries and staff.’’