Position title: Sales Representative (2 positions)
Contract Type: Full-Time Employee
Duty Station: City Furniture Showroom, New Hargeisa
Date of Issue: 12/7/2020
Closing date: 20/7/2020
City Furniture Industry Ltd is one of the leading suppliers of high quality furniture in East Africa. We are a pioneer in the industry offering the market greater choice, innovative and ergonomic designs as well as environmentally friendly furniture.
Since Our humble inception in 2014, the group has grown from strength to strength. City Furniture Industry Ltd started its establishment in Somaliland at 2016. From the very beginning, the group has focused on its core principles of customer service, quality, and value for money and innovation, and it is these principles that have enabled the group to gain the trust of customers.
On the manufacturing front, we have continued to invest in new technology and machinery to continue its popular pace with new designs and styles to suit client’s needs. In particular, we have invested in post-forming machinery, technology to work with Corian® material as well as other woodworking machines. Having established ourselves as a market leader for customized high quality furniture, we have also continued our growth strategy and has developed additional lines that includes Kitchens and Wardrobes, Joinery & Fit outs and Custom-made furniture.
We are looking to employ sales-driven and customer-facing Sales representativeswho can sell company products and services to customer using convenient persuasion and can maintain positive business relationships to ensure future sales. The Sales representative’s responsibilities include welcoming customers to the store and answer their queries, explaining products’ features to the showroom-visiting customers, following up customer orders and delivery deadlines, working on the customer satisfaction an and listening their feedback carefully. The sales representative should also be able to continually identify new sales opportunities through customer referrals.
If you enjoy working with customers in a competitive team environment, have a passion for helping customers with their home interiors and have a proven ability to drive sales, this position has the potential to offer you a creative and rewarding career.
Sales Representative Duties and Responsibilities
- Welcome customers to the store and answer their queries
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales service
- Assess customers’ needs and provide assistance and information on product features
- Promote sales of city furniture products and services and spread po
- Maximize company sales growth and profitability through the use of creative selling skills, teamwork and customer service, in order to deliver an engaged experience to every customer, every time.
- Actively listen to and engage customers, using appropriate selling skills to match the customer’s needs, and ensure their decisions build long-term relationships.
- Keep customer well informed about orders and any status changes; update notes on customer sales to keep sales associates informed, remaining attentive to customer needs.
- Maintain strong relationships with existing customers, as well as prospect for new customers.
- Communicate company loyalty services, when applicable.
- Develop, share and apply product expertise by staying informed with the marketplace and industry trends.
- Maintain sales floor coverage and follow posted schedules with regard to area assignments.
- Assist the Assistant Store Manager, Sales with ensuring furniture product and displays are maintained per the sales floor maintenance guidelines.
- Maintain flexibility with schedule to meet the needs of the team and overall business.
- Support and model excellent service by exhibiting a positive attitude and enthusiasm toward the job and company to both internal and external customers in all forms of communication.
- Communicate customer feedback to the sales supervisor concerning policies and/or product requests, problems and suggestions.
- Actively participate in store meetings and training sessions.
Sales Representative Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Business Management, Marketing, or related field is preferred.
- Proven sales experience of at least one year.
- Computer literacy (Ms. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong analytical, teamwork and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent negotiation and consultative sales skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Decent and friendly personality and passion for serving customers.
- Good command of English Language, Arabic and Somali Language.
- Customer Service Skills: The customer is always right. You will need to be able speak in a friendly way to customers and potential customers, listening to their needs and helping communicate options for them.
- Communication Skills: You will need to speak to customers about a product’s different features, and answer any questions they might have.
- Flexibility: You might have to work long hours, nights or weekends.
- Persistence: Not every customer is going to be a sale. Being able to bounce back if you lose a sale will be key for this job.
Interested candidates are kindly requested to send their CV (2 pages Maximum) and Application Letter to City Furniture HR department’s Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 20/7/2020
* Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted for further selection