Trócaire works in over 20 developing countries across Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East to bring about lasting change to communities .Trócaire envisages a just and peaceful world where; people’s dignity is ensured and rights are respected; basic needs are met and resources are shared equitably; people have control over their own lives; those in power act for the common good.
In Somalia,Trocaire has been providing humanitarian and development support since 1992, with a focus on the Gedo region. The programme provides basic support in healthcare, nutrition and education in five districts – Belet Xaawa, Dollow, Luuq, Garbahareey and Burdhubo.
The programme is recruiting a Resilience Coordinator to oversee the implementation of the Resilience component of the programme in Gedo Region of Somalia as per the donor regulations.
Reporting to Programme Manager this is a fixed term for one year (renewable) and is based in Gedo region of Somalia.
Safeguarding Policy:The successful applicant will be expected to sign up to and adhere to Trócaire’s Safeguarding Policy.All offers of employment with Trócaire may be subject to Police clearance. All new hires are required to complete a Self-Declaration Form and sign up to our Code of Behaviour contained in our Safeguarding Children Policy. For additional information please consult the Human Resources Department in our Head Office
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Actively manage a small portfolio of partner organisations, including partner communication, proposal development, report writing, operational/project plans, contracts and information management
- Provide high quality technical support to partners on the operationalisation of the resilience programme. This includes support on food security, natural resource-based livelihoods; sustainable agriculture with a particular focus on equitable rights for women and men, through direct mentoring, coaching, training and the creation of linkages with relevant actors, information sources and networks.
- Lead in the day-to-day management of projects including development, partnership management and coordination.
- Representation at key meetings including the Ministries and cluster meetings both in Gedo region and national level meetings.
- Ensure programme quality control and downward accountability of the interventions.
- Train partners to gather lessons learnt, best practice and stories of change across the program.
- Act as a contact point for the field office on all Resilience issues, and ensure that concerns are addressed while adhering to organization’s procedures
- Supervision of the resilience programme including monthly reporting of its deliverables providing regular reports against the projects work plans.
- Oversee and directly manage resilience projects implemented by Trocaire in the provision of technical support, development of logical frameworks and appropriate indicators
How to Apply
Please follow the link and search for Resilience Coordinator, Gedo, job.