REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (REOI)
COUNTRY: Puntland State of Somalia (PSS)
NAME OF PROJECT: Somalia Domestic Revenue Mobilization and Public Financial Management Capacity Strengthening Project – Phase II
PROJECT ID: P151492 Grant No.: TF-A0388
Assignment Title: PFM Legal Framework and Financial Consultant for the AG
Reference No. SO-MOF-PL-106430-CS-INDV
Place of assignment: Garowe, Puntland, Somalia
The Puntland Ministry of finance is responsible for managing and controlling fiscal policy through formulation of tax and non-polices that aimed at generating domestic revenue and promoting investment, consumption and saving into state level government building. The Ministry has always been the custodian authority of all fiscal monitory policies, and laws, national policy, research in Puntland. Part of the grant proceeds will be applied towards the services of an Individual Consultant to provide technical assistance services in strengthening the Internal Audit Unit in Minister of Finance function for Puntland State of Somalia and particularly strengthen the EAFS. Under the Public Financial Management (PFM) Project, the Government has secured additional financial resources from the World Bank to the original project and the components have been reorganized as follows: (i) Strengthening Tax Policy and Inland Revenue Administration Systems; (ii) Strengthening Capacity for PFM Control and Accountability; and (iii) PFM Reform Oversight, Coordination and Management.
The project development objective of the grant is to “strengthen systems of domestic revenue mobilization, expenditure control and accountability in the Federal Government, Puntland State of Somalia, and Somaliland”.
- Scope of Work and Responsibilities:
A Public Financial Management Legal Framework and financial Specialist Consultant is required to provide public financial management technical assistance to the Puntland Office of the Accountant General. The main objective of the Consultant’s services under this TOR is to provide technical assistance to the Puntland Accountant General’s Office on matters relating to the Treasury Management Reforms including: PFM Act, Travel policy, review and update of financial regulations and existing manuals, the adoption of the newly updated charts of accounts, IPSAS cash bases reporting, consolidation of the nationwide reports formats, migration of the Treasury Single accounting, support the modernization of the Accountant General’s Office as per the functional review outcome, partake the finalization of the Strategic plan and the implementation of the UNICOM treasury Management action plan and recommendation including PFMIS. While focusing on the key aspects of this assignment, the Consultant is expected to consider all the elements of the PFM Legal Framework and PFM cycle i.e. planning & budgeting and all other specific tasks detailed in the Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment that can be found at the following website: http://mofpuntland.com or can be provided upon submission of application in person or by e-mail. The email address is: Procurement@mof.plstate.so
- Selection Criteria:
Selection shall be based on qualification and experience of the candidate and followed by an interview. The minimum qualification, experience and skills should include:
- Recognized professional Accounting qualification ACCA/CPA/CIMA with three years post qualification experience in similar field. Or; Master’s degree preferably in Accounting, Public Administration, Public Financial Management, public policy, Law
- 7 years of progressive work experience working in the finance field with solid experience in public financial management and financial governance issues
- At least 5 years’ experience in managing major reform and modernization projects, as well as a sound understanding of Public Financial Management Policies and Procedures, Procurement Guidelines.
- Strong knowledge of legal provisions and best practices relating to legislative review processes. In-depth practical knowledge of legal issues. Analyses complex technical and legal materials and makes concise, relevant recommendations.
- Strong knowledge of legal provisions and best practices relating to legislative review processes.
- Demonstrated experience working with governments of developing countries including fragile and conflict-affected states.
- Experience working in Somalia, particularly for governmental institutions, is an advantage.
- Somali Language will be added advantage
- Duration: The assignment is expected to take 280 working days with possibility of extension.
5. The Ministry of Finance now invites eligible Individual Consultants to indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested Individual Consultants must submit their Curriculum Vitae (CV) and cover letter indicating that they are qualified to perform the services.
- The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraphs 3.14, 3.16 and 3.17 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers: Procurement in Investment Financing Goods, Works, Non-Consulting and Consulting Services dated July 2016 and revised in November 2017 and August 2018, (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
- A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultants Selection method set out in the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations.
- Mode of submission of Applications and deadline:
Interested applicants may obtain further information including a detailed Terms of Reference from the Ministry in person or by e-mail to the address given below during office hours from 9.00 a.m.– 4.00 p.m. Saturday to Thursday.
Expressions of interest (EOI) and CV must be delivered (in person or by e-mail) in a written form in four (4) hard copies (if not by e-mail) to the address below by 22nd December 2019 at 11:00 am (Garowe Time). Marked clearly a – PFM Legal Framework and Financial Consultant
- Attention: Public Financial Management Reform Coordination Unit,
Ministry of Finance, Garowe, Puntland State of Somalia
Email: Email: Procurement@mof.plstate.so and copy firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply.