COOPI – Cooperazione Internazionale is a relief and development organization founded in Italy in 1965. COOPI’s envisions a world without poverty where diverse cultures live together sharing equal rights and equal opportunities. COOPI’s mission is to reduce poverty in the global South through interventions of long-term sustainable international cooperation. COOPI also conducts advocacy activities in Italy, to fight the cause of the serious economic gap between the North and South.
Start date: As soon as possible
Salary range: USD 3,500 – USD 4,000 Gross salary per month – to be defined according to the experience of the candidate
The Regional Administrator ensures the coordination, management, training and support for all administrative activities carried out at Regional Coordination level in the area (Kenya, Somalia, Uganda).
Planning and coordination budget control: He/she prepares and regularly monitors the Regional Coordination budgets. He/she monitors the sustainability of the Country Coordination and field offices under the Regional Coordination responsibility, and verifies the correct costs’ attribution/distribution;
Budget preparation and projects’ economic-financial control: He/she finalizes and controls the budgets of those projects directly managed by the Regional Coordination, in conformity with the Regional Coordination/Milan’s Headquarters planning; in collaboration with the Project Managers and the DCC, he/she regularly identifies the economic and financial commitments necessary to realize the projects’ activities in these countries which are under the Regional Coordinator’s responsibility.
Goods Management: He/she verifies the sustainability and correct management of all goods owned by COOPI or by the projects, in collaboration with the Country Coordination logistics (Inventory and “CAMELOT”).
General administration monitoring and management: He/she supervises and controls all bank operations in the country (Regional Coordination and with the Milan’s headquarters); He/she manages and supervises the financial movements and the funds coming from donors to the projects under the Regional Coordination responsibility (anticipations and tranches reception); He/she manages and controls the Regional Coordination cash safe and its expenses.
Financial reporting and audit: He/she controls all intermediate and final financial reports to be transmitted to the donors for all different countries, before transmitting them to Milan; For all those countries which have no Administrative Coordinator, he/she covers that role; He/she ensures the collection, filing and control of all vouchers related to projects which are directly managed by the Regional Coordination; he/she goes on support, monitoring and training missions to the countries under the coordination’s responsibility, in coordination with the Administrative Desk in Milan; he/she is responsible for preparing and carrying out audits conducted at Regional Coordination.
Local staff management and local and expatriate staff administration: He/she manages and supervises the administrators/accountants of the Regional Coordination; in coordination with the central headquarters he/she trains the country Administrators (initial and tailor-made training).
Support on procedures: He/she provides technical support on a correct application of the COOPI and donors’ administrative procedures to the Project Managers of all projects directly managed by the Regional Coordination, and to the country Administrative Coordinators.
Data elaboration and transmission: He/she produces and periodically transmits the information and data requested by the Milan’s headquarters, respecting the due deadlines.
Institutional relations: He/she takes care of all relations with the administrative/financial offices of the institutional donors’ decentralized delegations, at regional level.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements
- Master’s degree in finance, Accounting and other related fields,
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in administration management ideally within an international non-governmental organization (INGO);
- Experience with administrative management of institutional donor’s projects (i.e., ECHO, EU, SHF, UNICEF, UNHCR, USAID, DANIDA, DFID, etc.);
- Demonstrable financial and budget management experience, including the ability to train and mentor staff on project financial and logistics management;
- Knowledge of procedures, accountability frameworks and best practices in emergency management;
- Knowledge and experience of logistic planning and management and procurement procedures;
- Experience in Human resource and personnel development; Budgeting, financial planning; Office administration and management
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly in the field especially in Somalia
- Proven team working skills, adaptability and flexibility;
- Proven ability to work under stress and with tight deadline;
- Strong communication skills;
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Excellent IT skills.
- Experience in managing development and emergency programs at field-level;
- Previous working experience in emergency contest;
- Somali speaking people are strongly encouraged to apply
Medical Insurance Cover for Principal Member (Staff Only) , Travel Insurance Cover for Employee, Transportation within field sites, Allowance while on mission outside duty station as per COOPI structure.
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit their applications through email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line as “Regional Administrator Somalia” by 27th October, 2019.
Application shall include:
- Up-to-date CV;
- Cover Letter;
- Contact details of three professional referees. One referee must be the applicant’s immediate supervisor.
COOPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply Only short listed candidates will be contacted.