Radio Frequency Planning Engineer
SO! Ltd is the only Authorized Retail Agent for Somcable!!!
It is an ISP that fulfills the connectivity requirements for Organizations and individuals in Somaliland. SO! Uses the latest technology to deliver a full suite of world class services to its customers.
SO! Builds upon Somcable’s strength by using their fiber optic network infrastructure to deliver complete solutions for High Speed Internet, Voice, Multimedia and Enterprise Solutions. This makes SO! The most comprehensive ISP, the only and largest fiber network provider for all of Somaliland communication requirements.
We believe in leadership through people. Our technology and service-delivery strengths comes from our valued employees who have joined SO! & Somcable from all over the world to earn customer trust and loyalty with a continuing commitment to the deployment of innovative technology, reliable, affordable high-quality services and excellent customer care.
Who we are looking for?:
Our company is searching for a motivated and experienced RF Manager to lead the Radio Frequency Department at HQ. Your goal is to maintain the RF transmission and urgently address all technical issues in HQ and regions.
To qualify for the role, the ideal candidate will have proven experience working Radio Frequency Propagation, Frequency interference reconciliation preferably in the telecommunication industry, with excellent knowledge of the latest industry trends and techniques. In addition to being an excellent communicator (written and verbal), you will also demonstrate strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
|Position||Radio Frequency Planning Engineer|
|Reports to||Chief Technical Officer|
|Supervisees||Riggers, RF technicians.|
|Duty Station||Hargeisa, SO! HQ|
|Salary||As per Somcable SO! Salary Scale|
|Starting Date||As soon as possible|
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for supervising and the organization of all LTE, Cband /Sband, and Altai technologies.
- Perform the analysis, design, implementation, optimization and enhancement of Somcable wireless Access Networks
- Install, Configure, provision and commission new or existing wireless network
- Perform Site analysis and site sweep.
- Investigate network issues affecting service to the customer.
- Conduct site visits in cases of affected areas to identify issues.
- Performs system dimensioning for coverage and capacity including traffic analysis, interference analysis and optimization.
- Reporting network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information.
- Proactively monitoring/troubleshooting network problems and outages.
- Research and development on the Wireless network
- Must have knowledge and background on all different technologies in order to configure, test and maintain those wireless technologies.
- Lead in LTE 4G deployment and expansion activities.
- Responsible for configuration, Provisioning and troubleshooting any issues related to 4G/LTE.
- Managing Netspan configuration and Monitoring System.
- Work with planning department to implement Radio frequency plans and application.
- Supporting the operations of the Wireless technologies including Cband/Sband and Altai.
- Apply contingency plans with backup resources and accommodations for LTE.
- Supervise the inventory of RAN system and make sure they are in operative form.
- Analyse traffic trends, estimate capacity and network dimensions
- Monitor wireless Network utilizations and submit reports pertaining to site usage/upgrades/expansion requirements (KPIs).
- Anticipate and advice on Access Networks products and assists in product selection and testing.
- Supports and sets operational activities of the Wireless department.
- Help support continuous improvement to the Wireless transmission infrastructure in line with vendor best practices and international standards.
- Test equipment if faulty and prepare it for RMA following proper documentation and regulation.
- Contact and raise tickets for any problems beyond the technicians’ capabilities to vendor.
- Interact with Operations, Deployment and NOC on ensuring proper access network operation.
- Help to define processes and procedures for RF engineering tasks.
- Update plans, studies, and reports upon the request for upgrades, expansions, and changes in the network performance and coverage
- Performs administrative tasks including, but not limited to, documenting test results, completing safety reports, keeping safety meeting minutes, maintaining site log books, providing summary reports, etc.
- Inventory support. Quarterly inventory review to define required inventory
- Implementation of plans for complex changes and enhancements to Somcable wireless and 4G Access Network as provided by planning team.
- Assign technical troubleshooting tasks to riggers and wireless system technicians and maintain close supervision and coaching.
- Provide weekly, monthly or annual reports for the Wireless Transmission Manager.
- Ensure Site documentations are up to date and in order
- Ensure to raise RMA for Hardware issues with Vendor
- Ensure to raise support tickets with vendors on hardware and Software issues.
- Any other duties instructed by immediate supervisor.
Requirements (Person Specifications):
- Bachelor’s Degrees in Electrical Engineering or Telecommunications engineering.
- 5 years of proven practical skills in radio frequency propagation and troubleshooting.
- Proficient of RF software and RF trouble shooting tools and reconciliation of interference.
- Human Resources, Leadership and Supervisory Skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply:
All interested applicants should forward their CV’s and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org the subject line should clearly read ‘’ Radio Frequency Planning Engineer) the deadline for receiving applications is Tuesday 10th December 2019.
SOMCABLE SO! IS AN EQUAL OPPERTUINITY EMPLOYER