Vacancy Announcement(3 Position)
|Organization||GREDO- Gargaar Relief and Development Organization|
|Position Title||Qualified Midwife(3 Position)|
|Location/Duty Station||Hudur Bakool|
|Commitment to Diversity||GREDO is an equal opportunities employer.|
GREDO is an indigenous local NGO. Non-profit non-partial, non- political and voluntary organization based in Baidoa. To reach the most affected grass-root communities in Bay and Bakool regions and lower Shebelle effectively and efficiently, the necessity of local partnership in relief program appeared. Responding to the partnership need, a group of Somali intellectuals and well-wishers initiated in December 1992 a local non-governmental organization called Gargaar Relief and Development Organization (GREDO) the organization has implemented during these period different projects including relief and emergency programs and later improved into rehabilitation and developmental programs.
Key Areas of accountability:
- ANC/PNC consultations followed by GREDO guidelines and treatment protocols
- Ensure that all required observations, prescribed treatment and procedures are properly carried out and documented on patient’s charts or cards
- Provide medical care and treatment to obstetrical patients under supervision of the medical doctor, delivers babies and instructs patients in prenatal and postnatal health practices
Stays with the patient during labor to reassure and administer medication. Performs
- deliveries and postpartum examinations and treatments to ensure that patient and infant are responding normally
- Observes universal safety and hygiene procedures during delivery to ensure adequate patient outcome
- When deviations from standard are encountered during pregnancy or delivery, administers stipulated emergency measures, and arranges for immediate contact of the medical doctor
- Participates in and provides training to other staff
- Discuss cases with the medical doctor to assure observation of specified practices
Qualification and Experience
- Degree or diploma in midwifery
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in working as a midwife
- Having a clear or general understanding about midwifery
- Team work and flexibility is a crucial aspect in performing such tasks
- Having attained trainings regarding midwifery is an added advantage
Child Protection and safeguarding
The responsibilities of the post will require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people and Gredo as an organization has a dignity of protecting and safeguarding children by giving awareness, protection reporting and taking actions.
NB:All applicants should drop a letter of application and updated CV (including 3 referees) to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the position applied for in the subject.
The deadline for application is 13/12/2019
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: Please provide 3 professional referees e.g. Institution of learning, Previous and current supervisors at workplace.
GREDO is an equal opportunities employer