|CTG Overview||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.|
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position|
The consultant will be responsible for the support and implementation of COVID 19 response & preparedness related activities in the geographic area of concern.
Successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for the development and implementation of epidemic preparedness and response activities across Somalia.
- Develop, coordination and implementation of client’s epidemic preparedness and response activities in Somalia, including identification of geographic areas of intervention, conducting assessments, and developing interventions.
- Strengthen epidemic preparedness and response capacity of staff at national, provincial and field locations.
- Developing and coordinating specific outbreak preparedness and response programming, including developing strategies, identifying geographic areas of intervention, developing activities such rapid response teams and outbreak response activities including contact tracing, in coordination with the medical logistics, WASH, epidemiology and Operations teams.
- Support and actively engage in all platforms for epidemic preparedness and response, including the preparedness working group.
- Coordinate closely with internal and external partners and others to promote and ensure harmonization of preparedness activities.
- Develop/adapt health facility, point of entry, and referral system assessments tools and lead assessments in priority provinces and health zones.
- Develop/adapt training material on infection prevention and control (IPC) and integrated disease surveillance and response (IDSR)
- Organize trainings for health workers at health facilities, point of entry staff on key topics
- Contribute to the development of standard operating procedures, guidelines and other technical documents for epidemic preparedness and response.
- Coordinate to promote cross-border collaboration focusing on enhancing preparedness, surveillance and response at the major POEs (airports) including the organization of cross-border meetings, trainings, and workshop for government officials and partners.
- Identify procurement and logistics needs for strengthening preparedness capacities of health facilities and points if entry including POE kits, IPC kits, and others.
- Support organization and facilitation of population mobility assessments including population mobility mappings and population flow monitoring; identify geographic areas for population mobility assessments; analyse findings and prepare reports.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned
This position reports to the Project Manager
– Medical Doctor with a university degree in Epidemiology or Public Health or a related field from an accredited institution with a minimum of four years of experience in supporting the district or national health surveillance program.
– Operational and field experience in outbreak preparedness and response, in public health, epidemiology, and risk communication interventions;
– Knowledge of Infection, Prevention and Control (IPC) measures for outbreak response and preparedness.
– Operational and field experience in migration, refugee and displaced persons’ health-related issues, programme development, including experience in evaluating health programs and protocols;
– Knowledge of structures and functions of national and international health agencies, donors and organizations;
– Familiarity with the health sector in the African region, with Somalia experience an advantage
This role may involve team coordination and supervision
This is a future vacancy to support the pandemic outbreak.