DRC has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. Using a human rights framework, the DRC Somalia operations focuses mainly on people who are affected by displacement, including refugees, internally displaced, and migrant.
Danish Demining Group (DDG) is a specialized unit within DRC which implements mine action and armed violence reduction (AVR) programmes. DDG’s mandate is ‘to create a safe environment free from armed violence and the remnants of conflict’, and DDG does this via a programmatic focus on four key sectors: Security Systems Reform, Small Arms and Light Weapons (SALW) management, Mine Action and Conflict Management.
Overall Purpose of the role:
The main role of Project Team Leader (SCOPE) is to ensure that beneficiaries receive their entitlement through WFP scope system including bio data collection, uploading and top up of the e-cards.
- Provide technical support and assist in the development and implementation of SCOPE (Cash and Voucher) activities and processes supporting alignment with wider programme policies and guidelines.
- Provide specialized project management support to all SCOP related work (In kind, Voucher and Cash) to ensure that the various activities are performed within the established targets following DRC’s policies and procedures.
- Prepare a range of reports and data analysis (resource utilization, programme status, performance) and highlight trends/issues ensuring deliverables adhere to corporate standards and quality control.
- Ensure and/or perform accurate, timely recording of data within the SCOPE/CBT work and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Supervises the SCOPE registration team and provide appropriate guidance and oversight as they conduct daily field activities.
- · Carries out capacity building activities in order to ensure the delivery of quality assistance delivery to the beneficiaries.
- Liaise with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing SCOPE activities
- Support in coordination and communication with local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions to ensure efficient programme delivery
- Act as a point of contact for resolution of a range of operational queries and problems within a SCOPE.
- Oversee and/or review the work of other support staff, providing practical advice and guidance, to contribute to delivering objectives to agreed standards and deadlines.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure DRC is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
- Ensures total management of the SCOPE registration equipment, materials and data.
- Mange the SCOPE registration data, progress report of the e-registration activities to enhancing smooth distribution exercise.
The responsibilities listed in the JD are not exhaustive and may be readjusted according to operational needs but will remain in line with the overall purpose of the role.
Education, experience & technical competencies
- Bachelor’s degree Community developments and social science
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Sciences, or equivalent preferably
- Have experience of Government engagements and Coordination
- Have technical Experience on WFP SCOPE or equivalent Online Database
- Minimum of 3 Years of Experience working with Community and governments.
- Strong ability to work independently, organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail.
- Community mobilizations skills and report writing.
- Project planning and managements
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility
- Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Languages: Excellent command of English language and Somali.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You are a strong networker and enjoy working with many different types of stakeholders, you involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while balancing the role of advisor and taking leadership
- Communicating: You write and speak effectively and honestly and display political and cultural sensitivity, including ability to adapt well to local cultures
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Availability: June 2020
Duty station: Mogadishu
Reporting to: Program Manager- Hiran and Banadir.
Duration: 7 Months with Possibility of extension
Contract: This position is graded as Band NM – G for qualified national staff and the terms of employment will be in accordance with DRC terms for national staff.
THE POSITION IS OPEN TO NATIONALS ONLY.
Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels. In light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
Equal Opportunities: DRC is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, colour, race, marital status or other protected characteristics.
DRC adheres to the Core Humanitarian Standards. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of these standards.
DRC has a Humanitarian Accountability Framework, outlining its global accountability commitments. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of this framework.
For general information about Danish Refugee Council, please visit www.drc.ngo
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post. We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.ngo under Vacancies.
Please forward the application and CV, in English through the online application on www.drc.ngo under Vacancies no later than 23rd May 2020.