ACTED JOB OPPORTUNITY
PROJECT DEVELOPMENT INTERN – HARGEISA
|26/01/2021||ACTED Kenya/SomaliaHR Department||Last Update January 2021|
Position: Project Development Intern
Department: Project Development_Unit.
Direct hierarchy: Project Development Officer.
Starting date: March 2021
- Background on ACTED
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill Project Development Intern position in Hargeisa.
- Position Profile
The Project Development Intern (PDI), ensures proper grant management by developing qualitative project progress reports in compliance with donors’ rules. The PDI facilitates smooth internal communication and coordination with relevant departments, and contributes to ACTED external communication strategy. The PDI contributes to fundraising efforts by participating in the development of project proposals in line with ACTED’s global and in-country programme strategy.
- Ensure good donor relations through proper, qualitative and timely grant management;
- Facilitate internal coordination and communication;
- Contribute to raising ACTED’s profile and credibility with external stakeholders by communicating a positive image of ACTED’s activities and engagements in the country.
- Contribute to fundraising efforts in line with ACTED’s global and in-country programme strategy
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Grant Management
- Contract follow-up
- Communicate contractual obligations in particular with regards to reporting deadlines to Programme, AMEU and FLATS team;
- When any issue is identified in meeting deliverables in the given timeframe and budget, inform relevant staff in country and seek ACTED HQ Program Department advice on potential solutions that would meet donor rules.
- Participate in and take minutes of kick-off and close out meetings for each project
- Write quality narrative reports, reflecting the progress and status of projects in a transparent, timely and professional manner, in liaison with ACTED HQ GMU and finance, which will contribute ultimately to steady cash inflow;
- Work in close relation with AMEU to incorporate AME data (incl. data on input, process, output, outcome and impact indicators, lessons learnt and best practices) in reports and review M&E reports from AMEU;
- Liaise with FLATS teams when preparing reports, especially with finance to ensure greater coherence between financial and narrative reports by crosschecking the matching of data in the narrative and financial reports;
- Contribute to the monthly update of the Reporting Follow Up (RFU) and ensure smooth and regular communication with ACTED HQ GMU.
- Partner Follow-up
- Ensure partners report to ACTED in a timely and qualitative manner as per the requirements of the grant agreement.
- Internal Coordination
2.1. Internal Coordination and Communication
- Facilitate interdepartmental communication and information sharing from the Base, to the Area, Capital, and even up to the regional and HQ offices by taking minutes of the various ACTED coordination meetings
- Send meeting minutes in a timely manner to HQ;
- Inform ACTED HQ GMU and finance of latest developments, opportunities and challenges so that GMU can best advice on the way forward.
- File properly contractual project documents both in hard and soft copies;
- Update regularly the Resource Centre at the office with appropriate and relevant external and internal resources.
3. External Communication
- Contribute to ACTED external communication strategy by feeding regularly ACTED HQ Communication Department with informal updates on projects, a flash news, pictures, articles on projects progress and/or specific events for ACTED communication tools, including, but not limited to, ACTED Newsletter, websites and ACTED Annual Report;
- External relations
- Update regularly a directory of donors, international and local NGOs, other partners and stakeholders;
- Contribute when required to the reporting to national and local authorities as required by ACTED registration/legal status in country;
- In the absence of Technical Coordinators, participate in key clusters and/or working group meetings;
4.2 Contribution to proposal development
- Contribute when required to the development of fundraising documents (Expression of Interests/concept notes/proposals) in line with ACTED country strategy and donor requirements and in close collaboration with ACTED HQ GMU (Grant Management Unit) and finance;
- Liaise with Area Coordinators, Project Managers and Technical Coordinators to ensure that proposals are relevant and technically sound;
- Incorporate learning from previous interventions (e.g. lessons learnt and best practices) into new proposals;
- Contribute to addressing in a timely manner all comments by donors on proposals in liaison with relevant staff in country and ACTED HQ GMU and finance
- Qualifications/Skills Required
Essential qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in international development studies, international relations, human rights, WASH, migration, agriculture, food security, gender studies, or a related field;
- Fluent English (written and spoken), excellent writing and communication skills;
- Prior work experience with an INGO in an emergency setting preferred;
- Ability to work under pressure in a high-pace environment;
- Good organizational and prioritization skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Application Procedure:
Qualified Somali Nationals with the required skills and qualifications are invited to submit their detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter as a single document (i.e. the cover letter should be on the first page and the CV should start on the second page of the same document) to email@example.com and received on or before 15th February 2021 with the subject line “Project Development Intern – Hargeisa”. Applications sent after the deadline will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitments.
ACTED is committed to protecting beneficiaries within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and any kind of misconduct. ACTED has specific policies, including PSEA and Child Protection, which outlines the expected behavior and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants and other stakeholders and has zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will be expected to sign ACTED’s organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as an annex to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.