Caritas Switzerland is a leading aid organization in the field of development cooperation and humanitarian aid. Our ultimate aim is poverty alleviation. Our International Cooperation programmes focus on income generation, global warming and migration. We are active in some 20 countries. Over the coming years, Caritas Switzerland wants to expand its commitment to disadvantaged people. Join us with a commitment to help us bring about a more caring society, as
Programme Manager in Hargeisa, Somaliland (national contract)
The position supports Caritas Switzerland‘s country group III in the successful implementation and advancement of its operations in Somaliland and Somalia. The rep. office in Hargeisa is supposed to facilitate networking on the ground.
Management A: Admin and Finance
- Reporting: developing progress and timely reports by communicating with HQ
- Admin and finance tasks such as keeping track on expenses according to budget plan
- Keeping Local Security Plan up to date
- Facilitation of missions from HQ and technical consultant
Management B: Project management
- Monitoring of the implementation of the recovery projects according to set budget, timeframe and objectives (if revisions needed, proactively communicate with Programme Director)
- Monitoring of the general political, humanitarian and security situation in the country.
- In collaboration with Programme Director / HQ develop new projects and partnerships for the recovery and transitional programme according to set objectives and timelines in Somaliland and Somalia
- Ensuring proper financial management of the programme in accordance with Caritas Switzerland’s Standards and Regulations
- Checking monthly closings provided by the Finance Officer
- Ensuring proper documentation and archiving of relevant projectrelated and office documents.
- Minimum Master’s degree in International Development, Politics or Communications
- Minimum 5 years of experiences in an international NGO and international working environment
- Experience in liaising with government authorities at central and local level
- Experience in resource mobilization and donor relations
- Experience in project implementation with technical focus on emergency response and recovery
- High degree of work ethics and strong management skills (such as developing pipelines or reporting schedules)
- Fluent in English & Somali (written and spoken) and strong communication skills, such as communicating timely and transparently.
- Proficient in Office Package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet and Email).
Your place of work will be Hargeisa, Somaliland
Expected Start Date: 1st February 2020
Duration: 1 year
For further information please contact: Ms. Stefanie Enssle, Programme Director Somaliland, email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest. We look forward to receiving your job application by 4th January 2020 latest through our web portal. Apply here
Caritas Switzerland, Adligenswilerstrasse 15, 6002 Lucerne