UNITED NATIONS SUPPORT OFFICE IN SOMALIA (UNSOS)
UNITED NATIONS CORE VALUES: INTEGRITY, PROFESSIONALISM, RESPECT FOR DIVERSITY THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO SOMALI NATIONALS ONLY AND DOES NOT HAVE INTERNATIONAL BENEFITS FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE PARTICULARLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Special Notice: This is a Temporary Job Opening. This position is funded until 30 June 2020. Extension of appointment will be subject to budgetary approval. Appointment against this post is on a local basis. The candidate is responsible for any travel expenses incurred in order to take-up the appointment. All applicants are strongly encouraged to apply on-line as soon as possible after the job opening has been posted and well before the deadline stated in the job opening.
Interested applicants who are working with UN Contractors must fulfil the obligations of their contracts with the UN Contractors in order to be eligible to apply for this vacancy.
Organization Setting and Reporting: The position is located in the United Nations Support Office in Somalia (UNSOS) based in Mogadishu. Under the direct supervision of the P4 Programme Management and Compliance Officer – Policy (Unit Chief) within the Office of the Head of UNSOS, the NO-C Programme Management and Compliance Officer will assist in monitoring and reporting on accountability and compliance measures associated with UNSOS delivery of logistics support to Somalia security forces, as authorized by the United Nations Security Council, and to assist, as directed by the Unit Chief, with monitoring and reporting on measures associated with UNSOS delivery of logistics support to the African Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM).
Within delegated authority, the NO-C Programme Management and Compliance Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Participates in the development, planning, implementation and evaluation of assigned programme/projects, including the Human Rights Due Diligence Policy (HRDDP); monitors and
analyzes programme/project development and implementation; reviews relevant documents and reports; identifies problems and issues to be addressed and proposes corrective actions; liaises with relevant parties; identifies and tracks follow-up actions.
- Collaborates closely Human Rights and Protection Group (HRPG) in the United Nations Assistance Mission in Somalia (UNSOM), the UNSOS Operations & Resources Management and Service Delivery pillars, as well as with relevant Somalia Government officials or focal points.
- Performs consulting assignments, in collaboration with the client, by planning facilitating workshops, through other interactive sessions and assisting in developing the action plan the client will use to manage the change.
- Researches, analyzes and presents information gathered from diverse sources.
- Assists in policy development, including the review and analysis of issues and trends, preparation of evaluations or other research activities and studies.
- Undertakes survey initiatives; designs data collection tools; reviews, analyzes and interprets responses, identifies problems/issues and prepares conclusions.
- Prepares various written outputs, e.g. draft background papers, analysis, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, etc.
- Provides substantive support to consultative and other meetings, conferences, etc., to include proposing agenda topics, identifying participants, preparation of documents and presentations, etc.
- Undertakes outreach activities; conducts training workshops, seminars, etc.; makes presentations on assigned topics/activities.
- Participates in or leads field missions, including provision of guidance to external consultants, government officials and other parties and drafting mission summaries, etc.
- Coordinates activities related to budget and funding (Programme/project preparation and submissions, progress reports, financial statements, etc.) and prepares related documents/reports (pledging, work Programme, Programme budget, etc.)
- Performs other duties as required.
- Professionalism: Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
- Communications: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors’ language, tone, style and format to match the audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Client Orientation – Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients ” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
Education: Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business administration, management, economics or a related field. A first level university degree with a combination of two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree
Experience: A minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in project or programme management, administration or related area.
Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. Fluency in English (both oral and written) is required. Knowledge of French and Somali languages are desirable.
Assessment Method: Evaluation of qualified candidates for this position may include a substantive
assessment which will be followed by a competency-based interview. How to Apply: Qualified candidates may submit their applications including their United Nations Personal History Profile (PHP) to the address mentioned below quoting vacancy announcement number and functional title on the subject line on or before the deadline. The P.11 is on the https://unsos.unmissions.org/jobs. Applications submitted after the deadline 01 Febuary 2020 will not be accepted. Curriculum Vitaes (CVs) will not be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE PARTICULARLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
HOW TO APPLY
Kindly attach a copies of relevant academic certificates, Passport and or National Identification Card. These are required as part of your application for consideration of eligibilty. Please note CID and NISA Certificates are required at a later stage of the recruitment process.
The United Nations shall place no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING).