1. Project Summary.
The Emergency Education Support for Vulnerable Children (ESVC) project is funded by ECHO and implemented by three Consortium Members – CARE, Mercy Corps and DBG. The project targets seven regions in Somalia/Somaliland, namely; Sool, Sanaag, Mudug, Bari, Galgadud, Banadir and Nugaal and is designed to contribute to increased access to quality and protective learning opportunities for out of school boys and girls.
Reporting to the Project Manager -EiE, the Project Officer will be responsible for the field implementation of project activities, liaison with grass root project stakeholders, consolidation of project data and conducting education need assessments. The position will support the EIE manager in ensuring effective project implementation as per approved project design, log frame and plan of action.
2. Roles & responsibilities
- In liaison with EIE project manager, ensure project activities are timely and quality implemented
- Ensure timely delivery of project sites to field and under take time distribution
- Work closely with Education Ministries (Puntland and Somaliland), Education partners as well as Community Education Committees (CECs) in the implementation of the project to ensure wider consultation and participation
- Coordinate and collaborate with Government Education Ministries, local authorities, implementing partners and other stakeholders for successful implementation of the project and to ensure project fits in the state MoE
- Conduct regular Emergency Education needs assessments in project areas and flagging out of relevant needs and responses for project designs
- Ensure submission of quality and timely project reports as per the project donor agreement.
- Carry out assessments to inform project implementation and to identify areas of need in cooperation with national and local authorities.
- Ensure the visibility branding of the donors and CARE logos on the implemented EIE activities.
Documentation and Reporting:
- Prepare timely and accurate periodic reports as required by the EiE Project Manager and provide inputs to other higher level project reports.
- Ensure to keep track of field based meeting and ensure timely follow up actions.
- Ensure project work plans are implemented, in line with the approved proposal
- Prepare project impact case studies report*.**
- Participate in field based coordination for both state and non –state actors and ensure CARE responses are appropriately articulated.
- Perform any other duty as assigned by the supervisor.
4. Required Skills & Knowledge.
- Degree in Education, social sciences/, or diploma with equivalent experience;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with reputable national or international organizations mainly in Education Sector
- A minimum of 2 years in Humanitarian field –specially Education in Emergency
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English
- Proven and high level statistical skills including design, data analysis and presentation.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Excel and other statistical packages (i.e SPSS).
- Good interpersonal skills as well as networking, flexibility and innovativeness.
- Good report writing skills Good presentation skills
4. Working Conditions
These positions will be based in (1 in Hargeisa Somaliland and 1 in Garowe, Puntland Somalia )with frequent travel to project sites.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested submit their application letter and CV with at least 3 professional reference check via email SOM.Recruitment@care.org by close of business on 30th September 2019. Please include the reference “Program Officer EiE – Hargeisa or Garowe ”. As subject of your email depends on your location preferred.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information about CARE and its programs, visit www.care.org
CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer, promoting gender, equity and diversity.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Our selection process reflects our Commitment to the protection of Children from Abuse