Position: Program Officer, Multiple Openings
Start Date: Tentatively January 15, 2020
Locations: Borama, Zaylac
Application Deadline: December 21, 2019
Amoud University Legal Aid clinic is the centre for legal aid programs. It has dual purpose: First, to provide free legal aid services for the poor and marginalized people who cannot afford to hire a lawyer for their cases. Secondly, to give legal practice for the law students, to acquire advocacy skills before the courts.
Amoud University Legal Aid Clinic invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criterion for the vacant positions.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders (MoJ, judges, prosecutors, other service providers, etc.)
- Help clients to understand and navigate plural legal systems
- Responsible for case management, case review, and case follow up
- Supervise and mentor community-based paralegals (justice promoters)
- Responsible for reporting and documentation
- Conduct field visits and monitoring of community-based paralegals (justice promoters)
- Conduct rights awareness and legal empowerment sessions
- Assist with the planning and programming of trainings and activities
- Day to day coordination with field staff for execution of activities
- Justice and legal advice and assistance as possible court representation
- University degree in law, social work, development studies, or similar field
- At least 2 years experience in legal service provision or community engagement
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience coordinating with volunteers and/or community organizations
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.)
- Experience engaging with the justice sector and/or civil society in Somaliland
- Demonstrated understanding of the rule of law in preventing and protecting vulnerable members of the community
- Knowledge and familiarity with informal justice and alternative dispute resolution mechanisms; and specialized experience in land rights, SGBV laws and IDP Rights
How to APPLY:
Interested candidates should send their CV, Cover letter and copies of academic qualification to email@example.com not later than December 22, 2019.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.