ABOUT COMPANY :
Established in 2011, Shaqodoon Organization is a not-for-profit NGO that operates in multiple regions in Somalia, Kenya and Ethiopia dedicated to advancing skills and talents of youth and social investments through its multifaceted programs that are designed to increase the number of young people engaged in productive work and entrepreneurship.
As evidenced through its most recent accomplishments, Shaqodoon Organization has provided leadership and resource for catalytic action to increase the number of young people engaged in productive work.
Shaqodoon Organization is focused on sharpen its focus on innovation, piloting and scaling innovative interventions on youth employment, especially those that better connect supply-side with demand-side interventions and working very closely with the private sector. Shaqodoon Organization also strives to promote its intermediary online crowdfunding platforms to bring actors together to create impact.
Shaqodoon is hiring a Program Officer who will be responsible for the implementation of the business development, employment and innovation related programs of Shaqodoon Organization in Somaliland.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate business coaching and training services for the target SMEs on productive and service sectors
- Identify successful business coaches and trainers (with relevant professional or skills background) and match them with the relevant target SMEs and ensure that they receive the necessary assistance they need to achieve their goals
- Assess business (startup, early stage and growth) capacity needs to prepare them for capacity building
- Prepare TOR for the business coaches/trainer and supervise their tasks
- Supervise training delivery of the business coaches and verify their services before receiving services payment
- Contribute to new and innovative ideas and solutions to challenges of SMEs development and employment initiatives via entrepreneurship and business development services.
- Organize business development events
- Review training syllabuses for the SMEs training and development programs
Jobs matching Internship
- Support universities and the TVET centers in Somaliland secure internship, apprenticeship and job opportunities for their graduates
- Identify the potential employers in the public and private sector who are willing to host interns
- Supervise the internship/apprenticeship and job placement program during the attachment period
- Mentor, coach and supervise the employee/intern/apprentices
- Verify and record the placement confirmation letters and the contracts with the hosting/hiring employers
- Supervise the implementation implementation of soft skill and entrepreneurship development initiatives
Coordination and relationship
- Work with the program staff and other relevant line Ministries to identify and support the target beneficiaries
- Create and maintain strong relationship with business associations, financial institutions (Banks, MFIs etc) and private sector actors through networking and partnerships.
- Participate relevant consortium meetings and on behalf of Shaqodoon Organization.
- Identify partners, assist them and draft MOU and TOR for the partner universities and any other implementing local partners
- Any other assigned duties by the supervisor or his designee
Reporting and monitoring
- Responsible for submitting monthly and quarterly activity/monitoring reports and meeting minutes of the assigned projects
- Undertake assessments, reviews and other monitoring activities according to plans and initiate to take corrective actions.
- Prepare success stories from the different beneficiaries
- Assist the M&E and the program management team regarding the effective management implementation and monitoring of the project
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- University degree preferable master’s in Business Administration, Economic, entrepreneurship, commerce, agriculture, fishery or education.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in similar managerial role preferably in SMEs development, entrepreneurial and employment
- Experience in program management, M&E, designing capacity building and entrepreneurship training sessions and developing relevant materials.
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines and effectively handle stressful situations.
- Strong analytical thinking and precise interpretation of data.
- Excellent leadership skills with demonstrated abilities to work well independently as well as part of a team to resolve diverse problems;
- Ability to understand the importance of structure, organization, resource management and commitment to organizations mandate and objectives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both in English and Somali.
- Strong report writing skills is essential
- Proficiency in computer applications such as MS packages, MS Word and Excel
How to apply:
Relevant applicants should send their CVS with application latter to email@example.com on or before 5th of August 2020. Please mention “Program Officer” on your email subject. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.