TOR OF PROCUREMENT OFFICER
Position Title: Procurement Officer
Programme: Road Infrastructure Programme Somalia
Reporting to: The Infrastructure Expert
Duration: 20 months depending on satisfactory or better performance
Duty Station: Puntland Ministry of Public Works, Housing and Transport
Starting date: 6 Oct 2019
Closing date: 20 Oct 2019
The Puntland Ministry of Public Works, Housing and Transport (MoPWH&T) is implementing the Road Infrastructure Programme Somalia, funded by the AfDB through the FGS MPWRH. The developmental objective of the programme is to support Somalia’s economic growth by providing enhanced transport facilities that are reliable and cost effective and to improve connectivity, accessibility and transportation of goods, persons and service thereby supporting economic and social development as well as stability of the country as a whole. Further, the programme aims to improve the management of the road sector at the national and regional levels by reinforcing the capacities of federal and regional institutions that manage road infrastructure.
To carry out the programme, the Ministry of Public Works, Housing and Transport is seeking to employ a Procurement Officer, who shall play a key role in procuring high-quality and cost-efficient supplies for the project. He/she shall follow procurement policies and procedures of the AfDB, FGS MPWRH, and Puntland Government, maintain an updated list of inventory and incoming purchases and supplies, and be responsible for approving purchases.
The Procurement Officer will directly report to the Infrastructure Expert responsible for the overall supervision of the quality and schedule of construction/rehabilitation of the Galkayo-Faratoyo Tarmac Road
- Duties and Responsibilities,
- Manage overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of procurement for items and facilities.
- Implement procurement strategies to maintain security of supply and optimum value for money.
- Perform all procurement and contracting activities including pre-qualification, tender management, negotiation and preparation of contracts.
- Set policy and guidelines for delivering commercial and cost effective procuring process for the business.
- Develop key relationships with business stakeholders and strategic supply partners to improve business.
- Implement change and develop new processes to better procure goods.
- Negotiate contracts with suppliers to obtain best price and service.
- Identify cost reduction opportunities to achieve financial goals.
- Analyse market and delivery trends so as to develop procurement technologies and processes that support those trends.
- Identify areas for improvement to continually drive performance and business results.
- Conduct business review meetings with key stakeholders to assess risk, review future strategies, and identify potential cost down and improvement opportunities.
- Review current processes for procurement and make recommendations where appropriate.
- Provide periodic reporting for management on purchasing, controls and processes.
- Teach and educate managers and associates about the procurement process control.
- Knowledge and Experience:
- BBA degree or equivalent
- At-least 7 years plus of overall procurement experience with broad financial and operations management experience (in corporate, government or private services)
- Competent in procurement systems
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
The Puntland Ministry of Public Works, Housing and Transport (MoPWH&T) is inviting applications from qualified/Motivated candidates who are interested to submit their CVs, certificates, experience credentials, and cover letters explaining, how they meet Job description. Each application should be addressed to the HR account: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 20 Oct 2019
NB. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted