CARE Somalia is an International NGO working in Somalia. CARE and its partners work with vulnerable communities to address the underlying causes of poverty and promote peace and development, through its strategic goal to reduce poverty by empowering women, enhancing access to resources and services, and improving governance.
Job Title: Intern
Department: Procurement (Program Support)
Duration: 6 months with possible extension.
The position is an opportunity for the young graduates to train/support on procurement guidelines procedures and processes in order to acquire the necessary skills they may require for their future career growth within CARE Somalia programs.
- Assist and working under the procurement officer for day to day procurement activities
- In liaison with the Procurement Officer, ensures that to understand all CI procurement guidelines and procedures.
- Participate procurement bidding process and assist procurement officer to all related clerk works.
- To ensure that all procurements files are properly filed and chronologically recorded.
- To close work with the procurement officer and learn all procurement procedures.
- Support the procurement Officer on the weekly procurement reports and other status updates.
- Participate other related procurement activities such supplies management.
- Integrity, commitment to service and respect for diversity;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Planning and organizing abilities;
- BBA in Business Administration or other relevant studies
- Competent in Microsoft word, power point and Excel programs
- Fluent in English both oral and written
- A team player with good organizational and interpersonal skills
- Personal initiative, proactive, reliable and ability to coordinate, control and plan. Able to work with limited supervision.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates are requested submit their application letter and CV with at least 3 professional reference check via email SOM.Recruitment@care.org by close of business on 5th October 2019. Please include the reference “Procurement Intern – Garowe”. As subject of your email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information about CARE and its programs, visit www.care.org
CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer, promoting gender, equity and diversity.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Our selection process reflects our Commitment to the protection
FREE CONSULTANCY: Haddii Wax kugu adkaadan Codsashadda qaadaan, Nala soo xiriir: +25296738500 (WhatsApp)