Pact Inc. has been operating in the Horn of Africa for over 25 years, implementing several projects with local CSOs across a variety of sectors. These projects, implemented in partnership with local CSOs, have included but are not limited to: good governance cross-border peacebuilding, community conservation, health, and HIV/AIDS, women’s empowerment, artisanal gold mining, and natural resource management, At the foundation of all of these projects is Pact’s capacity development approach.
The Expanding Access to Justice (EAJ) program, funded by USAID under the Human Rights Support Mechanism (HRSM), focuses on increasing awareness and general knowledge of legal rights, human rights, and options for recourse, especially for Somali women, youth, and marginalized groups. It responds to citizens’ needs by supporting civil society and justice actors in sustainably improving the quality and scope of legal services. The program’s aim is to ensure that individuals and communities, especially women and marginalized groups, obtain a rights-based resolution of their justice issues. The program is implemented by Pact and the American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative (ABA ROLI).
EAJ is looking for to recruit a creative, savvy, high achiever with an outstanding record in photography/videography work. This STTA role provides an excellent opportunity to work with the EAJ team in the model court assessment, meetings and other EAJ field works in some districts in Mogadishu and at DFS Compound in Adden Adde International Airport (AAIA), Somalia.
The primary focus of this role will involve:
- Capturing high resolution images of EAJ’s meetings, project activities, beneficiaries of EAJ interventions and their communities and infrastructure.
- Caption each photograph with specific details such as the location taken, name of the people (for portraits), activity and any other relevant information.
- Process the photos to enhance quality and remove any blemishes/imperfections
- Provide EAJ with at least 100 high resolution photographs per assignment on flash drive at the end of the assignment. Copyright for all photographs taken during assignments remains with EAJ.
- Operate video cameras, video/audio equipment to produce high quality footages from EAJ events and program activities;
- Videos shall be produced in a high-quality broadcasting and web publishing format;
- Export final version of a video in formats optimized for HD web distribution and TV broadcast
B. OBJECTIVES & SCOPE OF WORK
Based in Mogadishu, the successful candidate will be challenged to provide professional photographic coverage to EAJ events and activities. For this purpose, EAJ shall contract individual consultant(s) to provide photography services taking into consideration the varying styles and availability of photographers. All photographers/videographers must have a valid license enabling them to perform the work.
- Minimum 15 high resolution photos with captions and HD video clips on flash disk, 2 versions (edited and original versions) from every EAJ event
- Filmed interviews and photo coverage of various EAJ events including model court kick off meeting and assessment, ITOCA, etc.
Candidate must possess following competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in arts e.g social science, Journalism, multimedia or related field
- Proven ability in photography/Videographer and ability to assimilate and communicate complex visual messages in an engaging and user-friendly manner;
- Have extensive experience in producing news, documentary films, TV programs and 3 to 4-minute short format films;
- Demonstrated experience of conception, production and editing of mini video documentaries
- Excellent technical capacity to ensure smooth and high-quality production (including availability of professional video production equipment and software;
- Must have the ability to use different video cameras and other video recording tools;
- Advanced knowledge and skills of Pinnacle Studio, Adobe After Effect, MS Office, including Corel Draw, Adobe Photoshop and other editing tools is required;
- Solid experience in processing and editing video/photo, creating Video/ photo and Video/photo stories;
- Experience with on-call assignments, preferable with international organizations;
- Flexibility to travel around Somali regions on short notice;
- Ability to work on a strict deadline;
- Proactive approach to delivering tasks;
- Demonstrates high level of professionalism and ethics.
- Required Skills and Experience
- Eligible candidate should hold professional degree and/or professional training in photo documentary, photojournalism, video production or awards in a related field. This can be replaced with additional 3 years of professional experience in photo, video production or both.
- Should have minimum 3 years of practical experience in photography/Video graph, photojournalism and/or video documentary;
- Solid experience in processing and editing photo/Video, creating photo /Video and photo/ Video stories;
- Have extensive experience in producing news, documentary films, TV programs and 3 to 4-minute short format films
- Language Requirements: English and Somali (Excellent in written and speaking)
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants fulfilling the minimum requirements are invited to send their CV and a cover letter showing why they are the best candidate for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating “Photographer/Videographer” on the subject line. Deadline for applications: January 7th, 2020.