SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organization to which all SOS Children’s Villages including SOS Children’s Villages Somalia Association is affiliated. SOS Children’s Villages Somalia has officially been working in Somalia since 1985. SOS is currently working in 135 countries worldwide. We are committed to the welfare of children – often throughout the whole of their childhood, and to strengthening families and communities as a preventive measure in the fight against abandonment and social neglect. We also run education and health facilities. With the SOS Children’s Village concept, the organization pioneered a family approach to the long-term care of orphaned and abandoned children. SOS Children’s Villages upholds child protection policy and our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children and youth from abuse. SOS Currently working in Banadir and Bay Regions, we expending our services to Bakool Region
SOS Children’s Villages invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criterion for the below Position of Pharmacy Assistant
Job Title: Pharmacy Assistant
The Employee assists with the preparation and distribution of pharmaceuticals, inventory management, and documentation. He/She works within a scope of responsibilities, code of ethics and understanding of the regulatory requirements in the Pharmacy.
Report to: Pharmacy in charge
Key Area of responsibility:
- Check for expired medications
- Notify the Pharmacy in charge when stock is low
- Take in and handle out prescriptions
- Dispense prescriptions
- Use store’s computer systems to enter supplies and stock.
- Help in maintaining reasonable dispensary stock levels
- Receive and/ or unload incoming goods coming in the pharmacy
- Deliver pharmaceuticals goods to sites within a pharmacy department and clinical areas/wards/departments
- Pre-pack, assemble and label medicines
- Ensure medicines and supplies are stored in optimal conditions
- Update list of 10 most vital drugs
- Answer queries on the availability and supply of medicines
- Respond to face to face and telephone enquiries of a routine nature from members of the public, patients, their representatives and a wide range of staff groups
- Create and maintain patient profiles
- Promote an environment of physical, occupational, ethical and legal safety
- Observe safe work practices, rules and instructions relating to work, and be pro-active in hazard management
- Willingly co-operate in the achievement of all health and safety goals and initiatives
- Cleaning and sterilizing dispensing bottles and instruments
- Oversees the orders for drugs, solutions and equipment for the Centre. Ensures that accurate records of all drugs / medicine in stock are maintained. Records all receipts and disbursements.
- Directs the preparation and maintenance of clinical records of drugs, through the stock card system.
- Ensures that there is always an adequate supply of drugs at all times.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor / Diploma health related field
- Certification as a Pharmacy Technician, particularly for hospital pharmacy assistants/technicians.
- At least 2 years work experience in clinical pharmaceutical management
- knowledge of sterile product preparation
- knowledge of drug regulations
- knowledge of medical and pharmaceutical terminology
- knowledge of generic and trade names of commonly prescribed medications
- experience with administrative and clerical procedures and systems
- familiar with relevant computer applications
Child Safeguarding Policy: SOS Children’s Villages organization is committed to safeguarding the rights of the children and therefore, is expected that every individual who joins with SOS Children’s Villages Somalia understand his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping children always safe
Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV and scanned copies of your academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees to: this email firstname.lastname@example.org
Indicating with subject line of the position.
Closing date is 23rd January, 2020
Competent Female candidates are encourage to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.