|Title:Outreach and Monitoring Assistant – 1 Position||Location:Garowe, with frequent travel within Somalia||Duration:10 Months (Renewable)|
Growth, Enterprise, Employment & Livelihoods (GEEL) is 6-year USAID-funded project designed to promote and facilitate inclusive economic growth in South Central Somalia, Puntland and Somaliland. The project is currently focusing on the agricultural sector (livestock, fisheries & horticulture) but is anticipated to expand in the future into other sectors of the economy. It will also seek to strengthen the business enabling environment through improving access to finance, policy and regulation, and business development services.GEEL has been awarded Somali Youth Integrated Livelihoods.The goal is to sustainably improve the livelihoods of Somali youth by increasing their participation in the economy, as entrepreneurs, employers and employees resulting in increased self-reliance.Particular focus will be given to increase the participation of women and youth in the economy as entrepreneurs, employers, and employees.
The Outreach and Monitoring Assistant will work under the guidance and supervision of the Engagement and Outreach Specialist to support the project in establishing a strong networkwith the youth in co-ordination of the Youth Advisory Board. S/he will provide technical support to TO4 initiatives to increase youth awareness and engagement in youth workforce development activities at the national and community level. S/he will also collaborate with GEEL’s Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) team to help ensure day-to-day monitoring and evaluation activities for TO4. The Outreach and Monitoring Assistant will promote the use of social media along with other online solutions and platforms to increase awareness of relevant events and activities related to youth engagement.
Outreach Monitoring AssistantGeneral Responsibilities:
The Outreach Monitoring Assistant duties include (but are not limited to):
- Identify platforms and establish networks to provide youth with information on job and internship opportunities, business competitions, events, training programs, and youth-friendly business service providers;
- Develop and/or strengthen outreach and informational campaign messages for youth groups;
- Promote online and social media platforms which reach large numbers of youth to ensure widespread dissemination of key communication messages;
- Identify existing information sharing platforms used for other purposes—such as entertainment or radio—that could incorporate information on economic and employment opportunities;
- Help identify local owners of such platforms and engage with them to provide mentoring and/or technical support to expand reach to youth.
- Assist local partner employers and training providers to leverage platforms to publicize employment opportunities to the widest possible youth audience;
- Support the project in networking with youth and the coordination of the Youth Advisory Board;
- Support GEEL’s civic youth awareness and engagement initiatives and ensure engagement of youth in various civic discussions;
- Promote use of social media and other online solutions and platforms to increase awareness of youth engagement events;
- Assist the GEEL ME&L Specialist in implementing M&E activities in accordance with the Activity Monitoring and Evaluation Plan (AMEP);
- Support data collection and implementation of the AMELP and data verification and documentation of TO4 learning;
- Implement field monitoring of project activities and submit regular field monitoring report to M&E Specialistfor review;
- Support project data analysis for quarterly and annual reports by providing/verifying M&E data relating to AMEP indicators;
- Implement GEEL’s field-level M&E systems including data collection (baseline, impact and household level), indicator tracking, and reporting according to GEEL’s AMELP;
- Support technical guidance and support to temporary field level enumerators and data collectors;
- Work closely with the GEEL GIS Specialist/STTA to collect and safely secure GIS data in the region of operations;
- Any other tasks as assigned by the M&E Manager.
The Outreach and Monitoring Assistant will report to the Engagement and Outreach Specialist and will have a working relationship with the Monitoring & Evaluation Manager.
- MinimumBachelor’s degree in Business, economics, statistics, international development, or a related field (or, alternately, equivalent academic accomplishment in a relevant field and 1-2 additional years of relevant experience);
- Minimum1 -2 years of technical experience in performing youth outreach, monitoring and evaluation activities;
- Previous experience in monitoring and evaluation for USAID-funded project(s);
- Experience or familiarity with accepted best practices in remote monitoring and verification ofproject activities occurring in non-permissive environments;
- Experience in conducting and writing field monitoring reports;
- Previous work experience in Somalia or the Horn of Africa preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of monitoring and evaluation concepts and applications
- Experience or familiarity with data quality control measures
- Excellent oral and written English language communication skills.
- Oral and written Somali language communication skills (preferred)
- Experience working in/on fragile or post-conflict states (preferred)
- Experience working with local organizations and community groups.
How to apply:
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements can submit updated CV and cover letter to Jobs@sogeel.org with subject line: Application forOutreach Monitoring Assistant.