Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
To assume responsibility for the overall management of Bosaso office particularly support functions such as finance, administration, HR, logistic and security.
Contract Duration: 12 Months
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum 5 years practical experience managing operational team a large programme in a complex emergency context, with a particular focus
- Substantial knowledge of standard logistics procedures and practices required
- Good understanding of financial, HR, Security procedures required
- Excellent communication and representative skills (written, oral, cross-cultural)
- Ability to multitask and deal with stressful situations.
- Ability to adapt within the working environment
- Ability to work in a team setting.
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner
- Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies
- Commitment to Save the Children values
The Application will close 22nd January,2020
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
Find out more about this role by downloading the job description here Job description