|KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:|
- Along with the program manager , he/she ensure effective start up, management, implementation, monitoring, reporting and evaluation of the project, as it pertains to specific Nutrition Data -M&E matters.
- Develop comprehensive training plan, and accordingly organize Nutrition data management training for the MOH staff at the health facilities and mobile teams.
- Provide on the on job training for the MOH health facilities staffs and mobile teams on the HMIS data collection, data entry, ONA and facility reporting
- Support the collection and review of health facilities and mobile teams information, identifying potential gaps and inconsistencies, through supportive supervision to selected health facilities, and quarterly data review and feedback meetings with facility staff and MoH counterparts.(Data management).
- Prepare and submit timely and regular reports to program manager on the achievements and progress of the nutrition projects.
- Support the development and implementation of clear, practical M&E plans.
- Support health and nutrition outreach teams – through regular meetings and on the job support – to gather, collate, and analyse monitoring data, as well as to report on findings from monitoring activities.
- Participate in the development of templates and guidelines for data gathering, collation and reporting in liaison with programme managers and coordinators.
- Coordinate and share learning related to M&E practices at the health facilities and community levels.
- Oversee the nutrition interventions in Nugaal region such as WFP project.
|SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)Accountability:|
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in nutrition or related fields
- Knowledge of record management procedures
- Ability to operate various working processing software, spreadsheets and databases
- Maintain confidentiality
- Carry out multiple tasks and meets deadlines
- Interact and maintain good working relationships
- Communicate efficiently and effectively both verbal and written
- 3 years’ experience in the same capacity is added advantage
- English and Somali language skills
CHILD SAFEGUARING POLICY:
Any employee, consultant, contractor or the supplier undertaking an activity on behalf of SCI must sign the Child Safeguarding – Declaration of Acceptance Form] and comply with the SCI’s Child Safeguarding Policy which is a statement of SCI’s commitment to preventing abuse and protecting children with whom it comes into contact.
This extends not only to children with whom SCI and its partners work directly, but also includes children whom staff is responsible for. SCI believes that the situation of children must be improved through the promotion of their rights supported and demonstrated by all members of staff. Save the Children International’s Code of Conduct sets out the standards which all staff members must adhere to.
Declaration of commitment:
I …………… understand and agree to undertake my responsibility in accordance with the above listed accountabilities/activities and also abide the terms and conditions of the contract