Vacancy Announcement(1 Position)
Nutrition Data Base Officer
|Organization||GREDO– Gargaar Relief and Development Organization|
|Position Title||Nutrition Data Base Officer(1 Position)|
|Location/Duty Station||Hudur- Bakool|
|Commitment to Diversity||GREDO is an equal opportunities employer.|
GREDO is an indigenous local NGO. Non-profit non-partial, non- political and voluntary organization based in Baidoa. To reach the most affected grass-root communities in Bay and Bakool regions and lower Shebelle effectively and efficiently, the necessity of local partnership in relief program appeared. Responding to the partnership need, a group of Somali intellectuals and well-wishers initiated in December 1992 a local non-governmental organization called Gargaar Relief and Development Organization (GREDO) the organization has implemented during these period different projects including relief and emergency programs and later improved into rehabilitation and developmental programs.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
The database officer is responsible to supervise data entry, data processing and data compilation associated with Health Management Information System (HMIS) for the project. She/he will ensure the quality of data being entered and submitted by health staff and act as a focal point for all work related to the database management, documentation, storage (hard and soft copies), regular back up and compile data for various project reports (monthly, quarterly ,annual and donor reports). The DBO will ensure project compliance with GREDO data management guidelines with support of Project Health Coordinator and Database Manager.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Project Health Coordinator ( Direct Line Manager); Database Manager (Technical Line Manager )
1. Roles and Responsibilities Overall Responsibilities
• To conduct data entry, data processing, data analysis and data compilation of programme area
• To take initiatives in improvement of design and developing databases for the HMIS (HIV, Malaria , Primary Health Care and CLTS data)
• To support programme team with filing, documentation and maintenance of GREDO information system (CPMIS-community performance management information system)
• To assist PHC in producing monthly, quarterly, annually and support for programme report requirement
• To work closely with Project Health Coordinator for data quality assurance in GREDO information system.
HMIS (Health Management Information System)
• To supervise Database assistant in data entry, data check and compile database of Homalin project
• To conduct data entry, data processing and analysis for producing timely reports (especially HIV_HARM reduction data base)
• To support Programme team in development and management of databases for occasional surveys, need assessment and program expansion
• To ensure data collection forms/necessary materials are present at township
• To support Clinic Supervisors, Area Managers and Project Health Coordinator in data verification process for data quality.
• Responsible to maintain the data quality in accordance with data dimensions
(Accuracy, timeliness, completeness, consistency, audit-ability, reliability)
• Responsible to ensure the health related data (hard and soft) are kept in confidential.
Documentation and filing system
• to ensure data collection forms/necessary materials are present at township
• to supervise the database assistant to ensure that hard data and soft data are kept in accordance with proper filing system. (VHW monthly reports, HIV reports, PQA reports, training attendance, bed net census data etc.)
• Responsible to back up all the data biweekly.
• To conduct training and supervise Database Assistants, CHW/AMWs and field staffs related to data collection and reporting as assigned by Project Health Coordinator or as requested by programme teams
• To assist in information management related works required by the programme teams
• To prepare Program target and achievement report (analysis of the achievement against log frame) to be used by programme teams.
• To assist and support in preparing and extracting the reference data/supporting documents for donor reports.
• To actively participate and make input in monthly senior health team meeting.
• Responsible to submit the assigned reports in accordance with the reporting channel/schedule.
• Responsible to undertake the project related tasks assigned by line manager
• Work as a positive team member and contribute to objectives of SCI.
• other activities as required by the project time to time.
• The candidate must have the flexibility of responsibility according to the project’s need
i.e. ; GREDO Homalin is working in a constantly changing humanitarian aid environment, reasonable specific work duties may be requested that may not fit into the above responsibilities, but which will help promote over all programs goals and aims.
• At least 3 year experience in related field with relevant knowledge, skills and experience in data management related to Primary Health Care programme and Harm Reduction Program ;i.e. ACCESS, GIS, SPSS and/or Epidata
• Excellent skills and experience in using Microsoft Excel and databases
• Bachelor level degree related to computer science/health OR equivalent experience
• Previous working experience of health data management and data analysis in INGO/NGO
• Experience in management of database team in multicultural environment and remote areas
• Acceptable fluency in English.
• Relevant Significant people management skills/experience and proven ability to create an environment which encourages team-working and motivates a team across various geographical areas.
• Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across the organization developing effective working relationships to deliver outstanding results for children
• Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles.
• Willingness and capability to comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to health and safety, security, equal opportunities and other relevant policies, including the Child Safeguarding Policy.
The responsibilities of the post will require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people
|Integrity: Honest, encourages openness, transparency and sincere. All applicants should drop a letter of application and updated CV (including 3 referees) to firstname.lastname@example.org indicate the position applied for in the subject. The deadline for application deadline is…13/12/20019…………….|
Local candidates are encouraged to apply
GREDO is an equal opportunities employer